Posted By: Blago Sore on tongue,no diagnosis - 03-20-2018 01:17 PM
I have had this on my tongue for a very long time now.I've been to an oral surgeon who fixed my teeth as he thought they were causing it but it's been a week an it hasn't healed. These are photos of it.I would greatly appreciate if anyone tells me what they think this is.I had a Velscope exam in October.It was clear.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Sore on tongue,no diagnosis - 03-20-2018 05:56 PM
Im sorry you are still having issues! I removed your photos. Our site is made up of oral cancer patients/survivors and caregivers, mot medical professionals. We would not know what the photo was without medical training, years of clinical patient experience, your full medical history, etc in front of us. I suggest seeking an ENT to give you a thorough oral cancer screening. Anything thats been there more than 2 or 3 weeks without healing on its own needs to be checked by a professional. A biopsy is the only way to tell exactly what it is.

Velscope will light up for any irregularities. That could be something swollen or a spot that is nothing serious or cancer. If this was present at the time of your velscope exam then you may not have anything to be concerned about. To be certain find an ENT who is experienced in treating oral cancer patients.

Best wishes with getting to the bottom of this!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum