Posted By: cards5495 swollen submental node bigger than left side - 11-08-2014 01:01 AM
Hi recently i have noticed that the part of gland that you can move around with your tongue is bigger and the side that i previously chewed for 3 years than on the right side where i mose recently chewed for 2 years until i quit. under my neck its just sssllliigghtly larger on the right side too. I have had a lump in my cheek for three years which is healed over but have shown no physiological symptoms and am still really healthy. Im 19 years old fyi. COULD THIS BE MOUTH CANCER?
Posted By: OzMojo Re: swollen submental node bigger than left side - 11-08-2014 01:55 AM
Hi Cards and welcome to OCF. We're not physicians here, mostly cancer patients or their caregivers. There are several things it could be, and our general advice if anything is not right for 2-3 weeks see your doctor. Don't go Googling symptoms because you will always get confirmation bias in your searches. Your doctor will be able to investigate whatever it is. Try to keep yourself calm and away from Google until then.
Posted By: Uptown Re: swollen submental node bigger than left side - 11-08-2014 05:12 AM
I would say it doesn't sound like it at all. If you can move something with your tongue, it must not be cancer. A submental node is under the jaw and most likely not something the tongue could even get to. Get to a doctor and check it out.
Please quit using chewing tobacco right away and give your mouth a chance to heal. There are all kinds of known cancer causing additives in chew. I wish I could say you are too young, but you arent. I have a friend diagnosed with oral cancer at only 17 years old due to chewing tobacco, he is currently fighting for his life after many years of battling OC. Please let this be your wake up call and quit. It could be nothing or it could be something serious, best get checked out by an ENT.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum