Posted By: Cindy721 SSC in scar tissue? - 07-31-2014 08:08 PM
Hello,
Just received a PET result of a "lump" that has an SUV of 2.8. It is not a node. I had an ultrasound that described it as ill defined non specific focal shadowing soft tissue. I had previous complete axillary excision and this has popped up 7 months after surgery. The area was radiated and I had erbitux, carboplatin and 5-FU cocktail.
Has anyone had any scar tissue that lit up that wasn't cancerous? I obviously need a biopsy and am back in the scared zone.

Thanks!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: SSC in scar tissue? - 08-01-2014 01:53 AM
Cindy, Ive seen this situation very infrequently over the years. Most times it was noncancerous but as we talked about I have seen it turn out to be cancerous twice. Act quickly to get the results and make your battle plan.

(((HUGS)))
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: SSC in scar tissue? - 08-01-2014 06:20 PM
Cindy,

I'm so sorry about your latest PET results. I don't know much about this, so I can't really speculate what it could be. Take it a day at a time and get the biopsy. Hopefully it is just some type of inflammation from all the treatment you have been through.

(((HUGS)))
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: SSC in scar tissue? - 08-01-2014 06:38 PM
Cindy,

I am sorry you are faced with this new challenge. Geez, you can certainly use a break, right? Jump on it...the sooner you know what is going on the sooner you can get going on doing what needs to be done. Clark has had PETs light up from inflammation and infection. Here's hoping it is just that and nothing more. In the meantime, sending you prayers and positive thoughts.

Anita
Posted By: PaulB Re: SSC in scar tissue? - 08-02-2014 02:51 PM
Sorry for the recent findings, Cindy. I wish you the best with any future testing to be uneventful.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: SSC in scar tissue? - 08-02-2014 10:06 PM
Do keep us posted.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: SSC in scar tissue? - 08-05-2014 03:33 PM
Ugh... Hopefully it's nothing. Can it be cancerous. As Christine said - it could be. It could also be a hot spot that it still healing. With all you've gone through it could take longer to heal and as you know healing areS are much more metabolic. Fingers crossed its nothing. Hugs
Posted By: Cindy721 Re: SSC in scar tissue? - 08-07-2014 06:09 PM
Surgery scheduled for 8/15. Onc and onc surgeon both say very suspicious. I just finished rads in February and Chemo in April. It appears I am becoming resistant to treatment. I don't know that there is anything more to offer me other than surgery anymore.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: SSC in scar tissue? - 08-11-2014 01:33 PM
Fingers crossed. Hugs!
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: SSC in scar tissue? - 08-14-2014 05:27 AM
Cindy, I hope your doctors are wrong and that it is just inflammation. Better to have the surgery to find out for sure. Hugs!
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: SSC in scar tissue? - 08-14-2014 01:34 PM
Thinking of you and sending you my best thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: ngk Re: SSC in scar tissue? - 08-14-2014 05:34 PM
Praying for you for tomorrow's surgery.
Posted By: Cindy721 Re: SSC in scar tissue? - 08-18-2014 09:05 PM
Surgery Friday. There was a small amount of SSC in tissue area all in one spot. Surgeon took larger than needed margins and feels confident it was isolated and contained.
Posted By: ngk Re: SSC in scar tissue? - 08-18-2014 10:33 PM
That's very encouraging to hear. So glad you updated us. Hope you are feeling well both physically and emotionally. Take care....
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: SSC in scar tissue? - 08-19-2014 03:13 AM
Cindy,

Sorry to hear that it was SCC again - enough already! Really glad to hear the doctor feels he got it all.

Where was the scar tissue? Your tongue?
Posted By: davidcpa Re: SSC in scar tissue? - 08-19-2014 11:17 AM
Let's hope this is it.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum