Posted By: Anonymous husband biopsy - 08-16-2012 02:03 AM
hi ... my husband had a biopsy on the roof of his mouth for something that stared out as a bad canker sore...that cleared up in a weeks but he was left with a small bump and some inflamed tissue for a couple weeks!! waiting for results... wouldn't be as worried but he uses smokless tobacco ans smokes cigars! he's 50 years old and otherwise very healthy!! anyone with any insight?? very nervous!!
Posted By: Cheryld Re: husband biopsy - 08-16-2012 02:58 AM
Hopefully it's nothing... Usually cancer doesn't heal... The underlying thing could be a problem, but hopefully it's not either way he should give up th cigars and tobacco - they're both irritants. Good luck and many blessings.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: husband biopsy - 08-16-2012 12:00 PM
Lauren, any sore that has been in your mouth for 2 weeks or more and has not fully healed should be checked by a professional. After learning of your husbands tobacco use, it sounds like this could be delaying his healing. At least I hope thats all it is. Please keep us posted and if it would be cancer, we will help you both get thru everything.

Tobacco has hundreds of chemicals that can irritate sensitive mouth tissues. I am a former smoker who almost died from my choice to smoke. I am now disfigured and have many physical limitations for the rest of my life. I wouldnt wish any of what I went thru on my worst enemy. Your husband needs to stop using tobacco now. Let this be his wake up call to quit for good. The CDC has a great website devoted to helping people quit smoking. Tips From Former Smokers is real people who have suffered terrible things from using tobacco. I am there if you look at all the peoples photos, look for Christine and you will see what tobacco did to me. There are also quitlines he can call like 1 800 QUIT NOW. Biggest thing with quitting is that he must decide he wants to quit then he can do it.

Best wishes!!!!

Please, tell your husband about this (print it out and leave it where he can 'accidently' find it).
Posted By: Anonymous Re: husband biopsy - 08-16-2012 01:27 PM
Thank you guys!! I think the waiting and not knowing is horrible... you have eased my mind a little at least!! he has stopped any tobacco products as well!!! thank god!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: husband biopsy - 08-16-2012 04:28 PM

Thank you for your thoughts!!
Are you saying the canker sore wouldn't have healed as quick as it did if it was cancer??
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum