Posted By: MaineWill Ear Pain again - 04-09-2012 02:04 PM
So I'm starting to feel the same ear pain when I yawn that I used to get. It has me worried. I'm do for a scan at MHG anyway and will be going in the next week probably but I was wondering if anyone had any input concering post TX ear pain.
Thanks

Will
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Ear Pain again - 04-09-2012 02:29 PM
I sometimes get ear pain... Not all the time - if it's continuous have it looked at but rads causes fibrosis of the muscles, etc. so there are ocassionally some tender area. Ear paini find sometimes happens when I drink something, I think my swallow is off and it sometimes backwashes into my ear canal... Or you may just have an ear infection... Definitely have it checked out. Hugs - hopefully its nothing.
Posted By: MaineWill Re: Ear Pain again - 04-09-2012 02:33 PM
I love you very much Cheryl and....your hair cut rocks!
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Ear Pain again - 04-09-2012 05:30 PM
smile it's my post rad hair!,, thanks! AnneO posted to someone else in a post just below yours also about ear pain - she was talking about TMJ read her post - it also is relevant! Hugs and keep on trucking!l you'll get through it. I have an appointment with my SO weekday..
Hoping for an all clear... smile for both of us!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Ear Pain again - 04-09-2012 09:52 PM
Hope it turns out to be nothing serious, Will. I will be watching for your update saying you are good for another 6 months smile
Posted By: MaineWill Re: Ear Pain again - 04-11-2012 03:57 AM
Thanks Christine, I'm actually really worried about this. Getting strange feelings in throat and ear similar to what I had before my diagnosis. making a CT apt. tomorrow.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Ear Pain again - 04-11-2012 03:17 PM
Hi there... I am keeping my fingers crossed this is a side effect and nothing more... hugs dear... and god bless.
Posted By: MaineWill Re: Ear Pain again - 04-19-2012 01:06 PM
CT scan yesterday. Results tomorrow I'm guessing. I have a bad feeling. Headaches, ear pain, all the stuff I had prior to tx.
Posted By: ilyse Re: Ear Pain again - 04-19-2012 04:34 PM
MaineWill,

Good luck with your scan. I have been there with the earpain. I pray it is nothing. I know the feeling. my last scan was not clear due to radiation. Next scan May 4th. Waiting is the hardest part. Again my thoughts are with you.

Posted By: ChristineB Re: Ear Pain again - 04-19-2012 04:50 PM
Sorry to hear you are having a problem. Please dont panic yet! Scar tissue can be a tricky thing and sure play some tricks on you making you think something is alot more serious than it is. Hope you can find some relief very soon. Please check back with your results no matter what they are. You have your OCF pals in your corner!
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Ear Pain again - 04-19-2012 11:03 PM
Fingers crossed its good news.l. Don't Give in to negativity.
Posted By: MaineWill Re: Ear Pain again - 04-20-2012 01:08 PM
SCAN CLEAR !!!!! Doc said they were very readable and clear beyond a doubt. Thanks to everyone who truely is in my corner. You were right Christine...doc said scaring and radiation can cause all kinds of feelings. Phew....what a day!
Posted By: sallyanne Re: Ear Pain again - 04-20-2012 01:53 PM
Congratulations!! The damage caused from treatment and these "new normals" are going to take some getting used to.
Very happy to hear your great news!!
Posted By: ilyse Re: Ear Pain again - 04-20-2012 02:53 PM
Will,
So happy to fear the good news.

ilyse
Posted By: Maria Re: Ear Pain again - 04-20-2012 03:01 PM
"doc said scaring and radiation can cause all kinds of feelings"

Truer words were never spoken!!!

Congrats on the great news, and have a fantastic weekend.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Ear Pain again - 04-20-2012 04:26 PM
Yipeeeeeee!!! I knew it smile so glad you're doing good!!! Now get on with it times a wasting' smile seriously - I know it's hard not to have hose moments now and then... But - a clear scan always puts them in perspective! Woot!!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Ear Pain again - 04-20-2012 06:50 PM
Thats excellent news, Will!!!! Ive been thinking of you and hoping/praying all was ok. You do not want to go thru it again. Go celebrate!!!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum