Posted By: SUEZ Ron's surgery is done already - 01-13-2012 03:51 PM
And yes it is the same cancer, it had met but he had "negative margins" and he may or may not need chemo. Doc said he took a "wedge" out no clue how big but it showed 1.2 cm for the spot so I don't know everything. This surgery was not even 1 hour wow that is great cuz we are having bad weather here in Cleveland and I'm gonna get my butt home before rush hour crazy drivers and I'm really tired from being up @ 3am. He is going into ICU now and has one chest tube, getting him comfortable now I can go up in an hour to see him. Am I really shocked about it being cancer again? Sadly No.
Posted By: Maria Re: Ron's surgery is done already - 01-13-2012 04:55 PM
Hi, Suez
glad the surgery is done but so sorry it is cancer again. Take care on the drive home.
Posted By: julieann Re: Ron's surgery is done already - 01-13-2012 05:36 PM
Sue:
Sorry to hear about Ron's recurrence, but pray he will be okay. Also, prayers headed your way because I know how tired and worried you must be. Hope you can rest now and Ron will start recovering. Love and hugs from julieann in Alabama.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Ron's surgery is done already - 01-13-2012 06:40 PM
Sue, I am very sorry to hear Rons surgery showed he had cancer again. He has been thru so much already. I was hoping and praying he would get a break this time around. Prayers he will make a full recovery with no further treatments necessary.

Stay safe with your traveling in the snow.
Posted By: Sandy177 Re: Ron's surgery is done already - 01-13-2012 08:59 PM
Hi Sue,

This damned disease. I am sorry to hear that it was positive for OC. But, glad to hear the margins were negative. I'm glad the surgery was quick. I'll be keeping you and Ron in my thoughts and prayers.

Sending a hug.

Sandy
xoxox
Posted By: EricS Re: Ron's surgery is done already - 01-13-2012 10:30 PM
Sending Hugs and Love Sue, tell Ron to keep his chin up, we are pulling for you guys!

Eric
Posted By: SUEZ Re: Ron's surgery is done already - 01-14-2012 01:46 AM
Hell people he is already in Stepdown by 3pm today they are all amazed how well he is doing, he was sitting up and ate soup and mashed potatoes and coffee @ 7pm and was all bright eyed and bushy tail they were even saying if he does well tonight and tomorrow he may just go home tomorrow...simply amazing the little skin and bones he is...simply amazing strong willed man, if only he can friggin kick that bad habit...only he can make that decision, you think by now he would have...simply amazing...but it still pisses me off to no end. Thanks everyone, what exactly does Negative Margins mean? I know doc said it's a good thing what is dif of neg and clear? are they the same? I was too tired to think of asking when doc came in to see him in ICU...did I say his doc is friggin cute??? hahaha! But really he is! Great bedside manners too. Glad he is so positive. I told him this surgery was a piece of cake for Ron he said nobody ever said his surgeries were like that I said after his 2 for his oral cancer ya this was easy. 1 hour sugery to 7-12 hours ya piece of cake even though he took a "wedge" of his lung out. Simply amazing.
It's time for me to take this vacation day to bed, my bed partner(my pitty poo) is whining she's ready for bed too she had a rough day alone without Ron home I think. Night my OC Family I Love you all and wish I can hug each one of you.
Posted By: Kerri Re: Ron's surgery is done already - 01-14-2012 01:57 AM
Sue,
It all sounds positive, even though it's still cancer. Strange to say, I know. I believe that negative margins and clear margins are the same. That just means that they got the entire tumour with some healthy tissue around the border so as not to leave any malignant cells behind. That might be a good indicator that he may not need additional treatment. Let's hope this is it for him and you can both move foward to new normal. Hugs to you. Rest well, my friend!
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Ron's surgery is done already - 01-14-2012 02:20 AM
Great the got clear margins!!!! He real
Ly needs to give up smoking though! Too bad it was a recurrence!!! But hopefully he clear margins will do it for him and he won need anymore treatment!. Take care!
Posted By: David2 Re: Ron's surgery is done already - 01-14-2012 06:10 PM
Great to hear about the clear/negative margins. Sending positive thoughts your way.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum