Posted By: Bigadam119 Biopsy - 12-14-2011 12:55 AM
Hello,

I am new to this forum but I just wanted to say thank you to all of you. I would like to share my story to maybe help anyone out who is looking for information. I just went through the biopsy process and would like to share my experience with that. I noticed a lump on the floor of my mouth right up against my jaw bone. It was about half a cm and firm and slightly movable. I went to my dentist and he referred me to an oral surgeon for the lump and a wisdom tooth extraction. The oral surgeon examined the lump and called for a biopsy and wisdom tooth extraction to be done at once (ouch). I just received the results back today and the diagnosis was chronic sialadenitis with no neoplasm noted. I just wanted to that all of the members of this forum as I used to to look for support as I went through the nerve racking time of waiting for the biopsy results. You are all heroes in my eyes. I wish you all the best.

Adam
Posted By: Sandy177 Re: Biopsy - 12-14-2011 01:17 AM
Hi Adam,

Congratulations! And, thank you for the kind words.
I hope that chronic condition doesn't cause you any discomfort.

It's great to hear that your dentist and oral surgeon were quick to act on something suspicious. Too many people have cancer that could have, and should have, been detected at routine check-ups...but, somehow, their symptoms get overlooked. The outcome is always much better when it is caught early.

I'm glad that you found us...please know you always have a family here on the OCF forum if you should ever need one.

Sandy
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Biopsy - 12-14-2011 02:48 AM
Hi welcom, and so glad your result was good!!! smile have a great holiday season!
Posted By: julieann Re: Biopsy - 12-14-2011 05:11 AM
WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL news, Adam. I know you are one happy guy.
julieann
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum