Posted By: SUEZ Here we go again Lung biopsy - 12-02-2011 07:52 PM
Well he has to have his lung biopsied, but can't go thru his nose or throat because of where the "lump, mass" is, behind the ribcage. Has to go thru the Chest cavity to just go in an remove the whole thing at one time. Waiting on apts for ultrasound(I have to check if its and echocardiogram), stress test and a pulminary test and after those are done back to Doc same day. Guess we wait for date of surgery, he doesn't want to wait doc said so it won't grow and Ron won't "fall thru the cracks" cuz they have it all in motion right now. It's in his right lung and its down at the bottom and he said its not solid, Ron drew a picture and it looked like a donut with a hole and doc said it has "air in it"? Does anybody know what this means?
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Here we go again Lung biopsy - 12-03-2011 04:19 AM
I wish I did! Not solid isn't a bad thing - maybe its not a tumor... Good luck!
Posted By: Gary Re: Here we go again Lung biopsy - 12-04-2011 02:20 AM
If Ron was a heavy smoker, lung cancer routinely presents itself in the lower lobes of the lungs. Not so sure about metastatic lung SCC.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Here we go again Lung biopsy - 12-04-2011 05:22 AM
Yes lung cancer does progress there however they are usually solid tumors I believe... Hoping for the best.
Posted By: Maria Re: Here we go again Lung biopsy - 12-05-2011 01:06 AM
Hoping for the best as well. It will be better to get started before the holidays. This is at the Cleveland Clinic, right?
Posted By: Sandy177 Re: Here we go again Lung biopsy - 12-05-2011 07:18 AM
Hi Suez,
I'll be keeping you and Ron in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad the doctor is being proactive about it.

I hope it turns out to be completely benign.

Sending a hug smile

Sandy
xoxox
Posted By: SUEZ Re: Here we go again Lung biopsy - 12-05-2011 03:52 PM
Sure is Maria only place we go. I know that hospital like the back of my hand been there waaay to many times obviously.
I do enjoy the food when I am there excellent place to eat and relax after a long day of surgery or visiting. Love the soups at
A Bon Pain restaurant expensive but good. And thanks everybody still no call yet for when tests are scheduled.
Posted By: slim Re: Here we go again Lung biopsy - 12-06-2011 01:43 PM
Thinking of you. Hopefully the biopsy will come back negative. It just sucks that this never seems to end. frown
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Here we go again Lung biopsy - 12-06-2011 03:43 PM
Hi, Sue,

I send you positive thoughts and healing prayers that Ron's procedure is easy and smooth. Hugs to you. Hang in there!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum