Posted By: zebastian oralsex - 11-21-2011 02:06 PM
course you will be worried and get anxiety, I have had oral sex with some women how much risk is really to get oral cancer, how big is my risk? I have never had cancer, perfect oral health, never smoked, never drunk, have a good immune system, go to the dentist every year, to the point perhaps is that the women I met have all been over 40 years, is not HPV less common in our age group?
Posted By: ChristineB Re: oralsex - 11-21-2011 04:27 PM
Here is a link from the main OCF pages about HPV. This should cover your concerns.

http://oralcancerfoundation.org/hpv/index.htm
Posted By: zebastian Re: oralsex - 11-21-2011 06:07 PM
thanks, I've read this a few times, it was pretty much it made me realize the dangers of oral sex and getting worried, you have nothing to soothe a little better anyway on the subject of oral sex, I have read medhelp and where one gets the impression that the risk is very small
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: oralsex - 11-21-2011 08:17 PM
Zeb

Perhaps just doing basic math will soothe your concerns. A National health survey in 2008 showed [quote]Among adults aged 25�44, about 98% of women and 97% of men ever had vaginal intercourse, 89% of women and 90% of men ever had oral sex with an opposite-sex partner[/quote] According to the SEER statistics
[quote]Based on rates from 2006-2008, 1.05% of men and women born today will be diagnosed with cancer of the oral cavity and pharynx at some time during their lifetime. This number can also be expressed as 1 in 95 men [/quote]
Let me spell it out for you: 90 out of a hundred men have oral sex, yet only 1 gets oral cancer. Of course if you are that one, it's terrible luck. Most HPV is handled by our immune system.
charm
Posted By: Gary Re: oralsex - 11-21-2011 08:57 PM
That's MUCH better odds than winning the lottery ;-)
Posted By: zebastian Re: oralsex - 11-21-2011 09:32 PM
It is very kind of you to take your time and write soothing lines, it helps me a lot, my problem is probably a general fear of disease, but after all that is written on the web where many pages seem to have an intention more to frighten than to information has affected me and my sex life, I can not stop thinking about this virus that can sit on my tonsil. The numbers you mention are probably also included all those affected by cancer without HPV is involved or that they also have other factors besides HPV?
This video's is really scary http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/oral-cancer-scary-truth-pt-1
Is this show serious or is it mostly about getting the high viewing figures, oral sex o cancer seems surely be a topic that attracts many.
I hope you are all victims are made whole and live a long life!

Posted By: zebastian Re: oralsex - 11-21-2011 09:33 PM
you mean that the odds are greater of winning the lottery?
Posted By: davidcpa Re: oralsex - 11-21-2011 10:23 PM
The odds are much better in both contracting HPV (by age 50 over 70% of females have been exposed to the virus with no current way to test men) and of the virus causing oral cancer (appx 1%) than winning the lottery (1 out of 14 million).

If you have multiple sexual partners your chances of being exposed to the virus naturally increases. Chances are probably great that you have already been exposed to the virus, perhaps multiple times and your immune system has clear each exposure. Not known is why sometimes the virus escapes or hides from our immune system.

Sorry but there is no way, short of abstention, to prevent future exposures.
Posted By: zebastian Re: oralsex - 11-21-2011 10:45 PM
course huh stupid I am the virus's very common. but the odds that it will be cancer of the virus is well more like the odds of winning the lottery. is very small. and the risk of cancer due to oral sex, given how common oral sex is should be as small?

what is it that makes the immune system of a part can not remove the virus? it is 90% or 99% that is capable of
it?

Viruses are sufficient to cause cancer or there must be some other factor in? anyways, a union that allows it blie a persistent infection?
Posted By: zebastian Re: oralsex - 11-21-2011 10:47 PM
I do not have to do with it but ask anyway, do you think your HPV + came from oral sex?
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum