Posted By: sheree Tonsil biopsy and lymph node FNA - 06-09-2011 01:24 AM
Hello, I am new here and very frightened! I went to the ENT for a Parotoid cyst which turned out benign thank god, but he was more concerned about my left tonsil. He had done a CT scan for the cyst and then did a FNA on the lymph node which is swollen and he said he felt a growth of some sort on it. I am scheduled for surgery to have the tonsil removed for biopsy. He showed me on the camera, my left tonsil and it looked like a clump of ulcers and it was enlarged. I guess I need to calm down until the biopsy, but this is very frighting. I was also diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis a few months ago and I feel terrible! Which makes everything worse.
Posted By: EricS Re: Tonsil biopsy and lymph node FNA - 06-09-2011 01:50 AM
Welcome to OCF Sheree, glad you found us sorry you had to!

Yes it can be frightening, the not knowing has to be the worst feeling while you wait for these things. I know its hard but try and not let worry take over until the biopsy results are in. You've found the best place for support and information but do yourself a favor and don't get more info then you may need or be ready for just yet. All it will do is keep your mind going and that's not going to help at this point.

We have a saying that its NOT cancer until a biopsy says it is so pets wait for.those results before taking any further steps other then dealing with fear and anxiety. Breath and know that every survivor on this forum is proof that cancer is not an automatic death sentence and there is life after cancer if that's the case.

Breath...believe and keep your mind occupied until you get your results my dear.

Keep your chin up

Eric
Posted By: EricS Re: Tonsil biopsy and lymph node FNA - 06-09-2011 01:54 AM
Sorry for the typos typing on my phone doesn't make for good spelling.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Tonsil biopsy and lymph node FNA - 06-09-2011 03:33 AM
Sheree - welcome!! Eric gave you some good advice- try not to worry until you get. Definitive diagnosis !
The biopsy isn't too bad - you'll be okay - waiting for the results is hard - but hopefully the news will be good!!! Take care!
Posted By: sheree Re: Tonsil biopsy and lymph node FNA - 06-09-2011 06:21 PM
Thanks everyone! Well I feel terrible today but it is from the Chronic Pancreatitis and I am due for my monthly shot, so that is to be exspected. I am getting a sore throat and my son had a sore throat 2 weeks ago so I am hopefull that this is only my body fighting this infection and all will be well. You are right it is not good to look up to much just yet, it just freaks me out. One day at a time!

Thanks again!
Posted By: sheree Re: Tonsil biopsy and lymph node FNA - 06-17-2011 08:56 PM
Just an update, I had a tonsilectomy today, they took both tonsils and good news the FNA of the lymph node came back negative! I will find out about the biopsy on the tonsil next Thursday.

Sheree
Posted By: Sandy177 Re: Tonsil biopsy and lymph node FNA - 06-18-2011 06:55 AM
Sending out positive thoughts that your biopsy is negative--keeping my fingers crossed...and my toes and my eyes, too!

Sandy
Posted By: sheree Re: Tonsil biopsy and lymph node FNA - 06-19-2011 10:29 PM
Thank you Sandy177! I am trying to keep a positive attitude. He said he took the right tonsil out because it was unusually firm, but it did not have a mass.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Tonsil biopsy and lymph node FNA - 06-20-2011 04:22 AM
Yes fingers crossed for you...
Posted By: David2 Re: Tonsil biopsy and lymph node FNA - 06-20-2011 08:17 PM
Sheree, positive vibes your way.
Posted By: sheree Re: Tonsil biopsy and lymph node FNA - 06-24-2011 01:22 AM
Thank you all for your support! The biopsy came back negative. I am so relieved. My prayers go out to all of you! Before this I was totally unaware of tonsil cancer. It is a terrible disease and you all should be commended for all you are doing to help people who are going through this. God bless all of you and thanks again!
I think forums like this are so important.
Sheree
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Tonsil biopsy and lymph node FNA - 06-24-2011 02:42 AM
Sheree, congrats!!!! Its always a great day when someone doesnt really need to be here. Be well!!!!
Posted By: Sandy177 Re: Tonsil biopsy and lymph node FNA - 06-24-2011 04:00 AM
Hi Sheree!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Great news! I am like you, I didn't know anything about oral cancer until my husband's experience. We won't know if he really has it or if he doesn't for another month or so. But, regardless of the outcome, the OCF and the City of Hope (as long as their 2nd opinion is correct) will receive the lion's share of our charitable donations in the future. Those will resume, I hope, as soon as we get a handle on the bills caused by this chapter in our life.

I am forever indebted to Brian Hill and all the kind friends on the forum for helping eventhough what we went through pales in comparison to what so many others have endured. It is a family.

Best wishes for a healthy life!

Sandy
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Tonsil biopsy and lymph node FNA - 06-24-2011 05:52 AM
Congrats that is totally awesome!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum