Posted By: nicki74 DAD 6MONTHS out of Surgery-Very Swollen - 06-06-2011 01:00 AM
hello again, for the past few days my dad has swelled up once again.. his whole face, lip and now today under his eyes.. his pain is under control.. when he swells up his pain level does not go up.. so confused! has anyone experienced anything like this?

thank you :-(
Posted By: Cheryld Re: DAD 6MONTHS out of Surgery-Very Swollen - 06-06-2011 12:07 PM
Did he have lymph nodes removed?? If so I could be lymphedema - I am seeing a physio guy tomorrow for the same thing - my cheeks are swollen my neck not so much - there are exercises you can do - also some of the meds he's taking could possibly cause it - I would still run it by the dr. Just to make sure nothing else is gong on but - the other to suggestions might be a possibility.

Good luck - I know it's scary - take care.
Posted By: nicki74 Re: DAD 6MONTHS out of Surgery-Very Swollen - 06-06-2011 05:09 PM
hi cheryl, yes he had lymphnodes removed on both sides.. the swelling seems to have gone done a tiny bit in his eyes today..i want to say that claritin did help.. i did call the doctor and we will take him in this week. whenenver he swells up he will sometimes have leaking under his chin, this is what concerns the doctor the most.. hopefully we will get more answers this week.. thank you so much for your response..and best of luck to you tomorrow with your visit! please keep us posted..
Posted By: Cheryld Re: DAD 6MONTHS out of Surgery-Very Swollen - 06-07-2011 03:26 AM
Leaking under the chin would scare me - did they say why? Good luck with your appointment... It could be a bit of an infection... Hopefully not it's just the lymphedema,

Healing vibes to you.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum