Posted By: scareduk Very scared, small spot on cheek lining. - 11-21-2010 06:58 PM
Hello I'm a 28 yr old male from the UK, I've not smoked cigarettes but smoked marijauana for about 9 years mainly through water bongs and some spliffs with tobacco in, I've drunk quite alot once or twice a week sometimes but am not a regularly heavy drinker. On friday I noticed a very small (maybe a millimetre) dark red or brown (I think more dark red but hard to tell) spot on the lining of my cheek. It's small but there seems to be another very very small spot right next to (almost touching) it of the same colour.
I googled it and it came up with oral cancer and malignant oral melanoma. I'm sick with worry as it hasn't gone away after a couple of days. Can someone please advise me a little. Thank you.
Posted By: scareduk Re: Very scared, small spot on cheek lining. - 11-21-2010 06:59 PM
p.s the spot isn't raised or bumpy, rough you can't feel it just see it when you shine a torch in the mouth.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Very scared, small spot on cheek lining. - 11-22-2010 02:24 AM
It could be many different things. If your spot has not resolved itself within 2 weeks, make an appointment to get it checked. It could be with a dentist, ENT or oral surgeon.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum