Posted By: Lisa Ryan How to post,use site - 11-05-2010 05:36 PM
I'm having trouble figuring out how to use this site,not to puter savy.Would like to ask questions & recieve input from other users.Please help.Can PM me. Thanks alot
Posted By: davidcpa Re: How to post,use site - 11-05-2010 11:09 PM
Lisa,

I removed your e mail address as scammers can get it easily. I changed it to Private Message me which they can do within this site and you will know when you log on that you have a PM. This site is very user friendly. Just give it time.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: How to post,use site - 11-06-2010 03:44 PM
Hi Lisa
Welcome to OCF. Please do exactly what you did to write this post. Click on the topic heading and then click on NEW TOPIC by the top left. Most new members write a short intro about themselves and what they are going thru. Ex..just diagnosed with Stage II SCC, beginning radiation next week, or something like that. I have added a few links that will help you along. One is the abbreviations which can take a while to pick up and also a link about the OCF website.

Im going to send you a PM (private message) too. That is kinda like an email but it is just on here in your own little mailbox that only you and the other person can read it. To do a PM you click on the person's name that you want to message and a drop down window will open click on SEND PM. It will open into a box to type what you want then click SUBMIT on the bottom.

about the OCF website... http://oralcancersupport.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=65994#Post65994

abbreviations... http://oralcancersupport.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=38706#Post38706
Posted By: ChristineB Re: How to post,use site - 12-03-2010 08:12 PM
Here is a PM I received today from Lisa. Its encouraging to others who are new here and scared. Congrats Lisa!!!!!

Great news!It's not cancer!I am so happy & so relieved!It's a polyp.The biop in his office wasn't that bad either.Thanks to everyone here,especially Christine B.God Bless you all & best of luck to you all.You are in my prayers.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum