Posted By: walknlite Another PET/CT - 07-07-2010 06:47 PM
Well, my ENT opted not to do a biopsy. He said that he could not visually see anything that might be a problem. he did look at my previous PET/CT and did say that there was some uptake there, and it is worth checking into to make sure th uptake was decreasing. He also said that since I have noticed swelling in my left jaw/cheek area, not pain at this point that we did to find out what is going on. Once again we play the waiting game. My insurance has to approve it and once they do we will get it ASAP.
Posted By: caths Re: Another PET/CT - 07-08-2010 06:25 AM
Dear Angelia,
My goodness it must be so difficult doing all this waiting. Very glad to hear that there is nothing visually concerning and hope that the PET comes back clean and allays your fears.

Very best
Cathy
Posted By: ElCee Re: Another PET/CT - 07-08-2010 10:32 AM
Angelia,

When Carol went for her followup with the ENT at the end of June, Carol had told him about some pain in the left chin, lower jaw area. She also has a small bump on her left chin and is puffy. He couldn't visibly see anything on the inside of her mouth, had a panoramic radiograph done right then. The radiograph didn't show anything then he did a core biopsy. I'm glad he didn't take a back seat because he couldn't "see it". Unfortunately the biopsy is positive as I posted on another thread. We are still so appreciative to this day that Carol was referred to this ENT upon original diagnosis in Dec.

Linda
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Another PET/CT - 07-08-2010 11:54 AM
NOOOOOO!!!!!! You just can NOT have another recurrance. After already having one recurrance, that should be enough for anyone. I would really hate to see you in the three timer club. Why no biopsy? Please update as soon as you know anything. You will be in my prayers.

PS, IF it is cancer, you beat it twice and can do it again!!!!!
Posted By: walknlite Re: Another PET/CT - 07-08-2010 12:14 PM
Linda,
I do not have the pain in my left chin area at this point, but I do have intermittent ear pain in both ears. And the lumo on the right side of my tongue is acting exactly like it did last October. I am here on Pins and needle hoping it is just scar tissue that is causing that pain. The swelling in my left cheek worries me more than anything. My ENT did not seemed to concerned, but felt the need to go ahead a schedule a PET.
Posted By: walknlite Re: Another PET/CT - 07-08-2010 12:18 PM
Christine,
He chose not to do a biopsy because all he could see was scar tissue and was afraid that all he would get on the biopsy was scar tissue like he did in February when he did the biopsy. He said that he did not want to leave any stone unturned. He did go back and look at my PET from April, and was the first one to say that I did have some uptake on that PET but it was attributed to continued healing from radiation. So he said let's go ahead and do another make sure that uptake is decreasing and not increasing. I think he is concerned because my ear pain is acting just like it did last year in Sept. and Oct. I am calling my insurance company this morning to ask if it has been approved yet. Anyway I will keep you all pposted. I am praying ti is just me being paranoid.
Posted By: walknlite Re: Another PET/CT - 07-08-2010 12:20 PM
Cathy,
Thanks for your post. We are praying the same thing. I have not shared with many people because I do not want anyone concerned. I feel comfortable coming here because we have all been there. I have not even said anything to my family yet.
Posted By: walknlite Re: Another PET/CT - 07-08-2010 12:21 PM
PS - to anyone who reads this and is a friend on facebook, please do not post anything about this there on my wall, send me a private message instead. Thanks.
Posted By: rozaroo Re: Another PET/CT - 07-08-2010 12:50 PM
Angelia!
I have just finished reading your post & I am so sorry that you have to go through this, you are in my thought's & I pray your scan comes back with clean result's. Our insurance plan's seem to be so much different here in Canada. I am slowly learning through reading all of the different post's on how it is so different here in comparison. I wish you my best & many prayer's are sent your way.
Posted By: David2 Re: Another PET/CT - 07-08-2010 04:36 PM
Angelia, my thoughts are with you.
David
Posted By: walknlite Re: Another PET/CT - 07-08-2010 08:12 PM
My PET/CT is scheduled for tomorrow (Friday) at noon. I meet with my MO next Friday at 1:45. I will know something in a week.
Posted By: susand Re: Another PET/CT - 07-08-2010 09:26 PM
I also have a PET scheduled for tomorrow-- at Hopkins. They are trying to get my insurance to ok a clinical trial with less radiation given to the surrounding areas. We will see.
Posted By: Bloop19 Re: Another PET/CT - 07-09-2010 01:28 AM
Oh wow Angelia. We were doing everything together going through radiation and all and now we're in the same position again. I also have a swollen cheek only it's my right cheek. And I have ear pain on and off in both ears. I went to my dentist about my dentures last week and he said I have a torn frenum and I can't wear my dentures now for a while. I have an appt. with my ENT next week. Good luck to you on your PET scan. I figure my ENT will schedule a PET for me too. Damn, will it ever end?
Posted By: wheels Re: Another PET/CT - 07-09-2010 01:55 AM
Praying for a good report! I know the waiting has to be so hard.
Posted By: ElCee Re: Another PET/CT - 07-09-2010 10:22 AM
Angelia,

Carol also has intermittent pain just below her left ear. Same ear as her original dx. How could I have forgotten to mention it?

I'm starting to get anxious the closer we get to the date with the Tumor Board.

Hopefully your scan won't show anything.

Linda
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Another PET/CT - 07-09-2010 11:58 AM
Good luck Angelia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Another PET/CT - 07-09-2010 12:17 PM
Best of luck today. Make sure you rest and drink tons of water before your test.
Posted By: julieann Re: Another PET/CT - 07-09-2010 12:17 PM
Me too, Angelia. I'll pray that everything will be clear on your PET scan and it's just scar tissue or something else not significant. You have so many friends on this forum praying for you - isn't that wonderful!

julieann
Posted By: David2 Re: Another PET/CT - 07-09-2010 05:50 PM
Thinking of you, Angelia.

d2
Posted By: walknlite Re: Another PET/CT - 07-09-2010 09:47 PM
Well, I got my results not one hour after the scan. My RO's nurse called me and said that I need to stop worrying about my tongue and to have a good weekend because the PET/CT was absolutely clear. She said she did not want me having to worry all weekend. So, you think I would be a little more happy about this news right. Well, I told my husband the news and you know what he said, "There is something wrong then." How am I supposed to be positive about this when I have a husband who is negative about it? Anyway, now I get to start getting our house ready to sell since we can not afford and my husband does not have a job. UGH
Posted By: Gabe Re: Another PET/CT - 07-09-2010 10:15 PM
Fantastic news Angelia,
I hope once it sinks in you will feel happy about the result and be able to celebrate in some way. So sorry that you have so much other stuff going on that has put a damper on this for you.
{{{{{{{{big A hug }}}}}}}}
Gabriele
Posted By: julieann Re: Another PET/CT - 07-10-2010 12:06 AM
WONDERFUL NEWS ANGELIA. I think your RO's nurse is special to have taken the time to find out your results so soon and tell you so you could breath a sigh of relief. This great news should outweigh any other problems you mentioned - you are cancer free!!!!!
Be Happy, the other stuff will get resolved eventually. Smile grin
julieann
Posted By: wheels Re: Another PET/CT - 07-10-2010 01:44 AM
yeah! Be happy, maybe you will just have to be happy for both of you. You deserve it, have a great weekend.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Another PET/CT - 07-10-2010 02:21 PM
There you GO!!!
Posted By: EzJim Re: Another PET/CT - 07-10-2010 07:44 PM
Right proud that you got good news for a change and can relax a little. You are a toughy for sure Angelia. Keep it up and prepare for more teaching in a couple of months.
Posted By: scootersmom Re: Another PET/CT - 07-11-2010 01:11 AM
Angelia - what fantastic news - don't let anything bring you down off of this high - ride the wave and exhale - congratulations - a break was overdue!!! Beth aka Scootersmom
Posted By: caths Re: Another PET/CT - 07-12-2010 06:03 AM
Fantastic News!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Another PET/CT - 07-12-2010 11:31 AM
Im so happy to read your good news!!!! Hope you start to feel better every day. If your husband is negative, give him a boot in the behind smile He needs to recognize how lucky you are and celebrate this with you. He is a very lucky guy to have such a sweet hardworking woman as his wife smile Best of luck with your house.
Posted By: ElCee Re: Another PET/CT - 07-12-2010 11:39 AM
Congrats, Angelia. That is very good news. I agree with Christine...your husband does need a boot in the butt. Best of luck with the house. Everything will work out. Keep the faith!

Linda
Posted By: misskate Re: Another PET/CT - 07-14-2010 05:39 AM
Oh great news Angelia!!Sorry to hear about your house. Hopefully you will have some new beginnings and continued good health for the rest of your life smile
Posted By: walknlite Re: Another PET/CT - 07-14-2010 04:32 PM
Thank you all for the good news. I think we found the culprit to the ear pain. It was my nightgaurd. Went to the dentist today and he readjusted it and said that should help with the teeth pain, and he ddi say that it could also cause my ear to hurt.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Another PET/CT - 07-15-2010 12:35 AM
Its all downhill from here on out. No more scares for you!!!!! Wishing you all the best in your recovery. Glad you have gotten to the bottom of all your pains and concerns. Now you can enjoy the rest of the summer with those two little cuties smile
Posted By: Marlene41 Re: Another PET/CT - 07-15-2010 04:34 AM
Great news, Angelia. Hubby could have been more tactful before he rained on your parade. But glad it was a "normal" something wrong.
Enjoy the rest of the summer.

Marlene

Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Another PET/CT - 07-16-2010 01:04 PM
Angelia - I just had to add my congrats to your great news! And for anyone that might "rain on your parade" some people are just "glass half empty" people. One of my sons was like that (not the one that had cancer) and I would always tell him: "Instead of thinking of all the things that could go WRONG, why not think of all the things that could go RIGHT?!" And he finally did! So there is hope for all the "glass half empty people. Now, you go do a happy dance!
Posted By: rozaroo Re: Another PET/CT - 07-16-2010 03:41 PM
Angelia congratulation's on your wonderfull new's. Unfortunatly
there are negative people in our lives, I just consider the source & circumstance then choose to ignore it.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum