Posted By: didier A long and courageous battle ended today. - 10-13-2015 10:20 PM
My mom's fight with this horrific disease ended today. If there's any good that came out of this 12.5 year journey, it's the people I've met; complete strangers who came to my aid and embraced me with their compassion, knowledge and kindness. I was a scared sh*tless caregiver drowning in waves of emotion and challenge, but people on this forum and at the many hospitals I contacted and visited took me under their wing and pulled me through three bouts of my mom's oral cancer. Names like Danny Bogan, Uptown, Joanna, Frank Packer Sherman, Gary and, of course, Brian will serve as a reminder of the goodness in people. I deeply appreciate the community this forum provided me with.
Dave

In loving memory of JMK, 1932-2015
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: A long and courageous battle ended today. - 10-14-2015 01:56 AM
Dave,

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. She was diagnosed a few years before me so I don't recall reading any of your posts on the forum.

Yes, this is a horrific disease, but as you said I've also meet a lot of wonderful people, complete strangers, that became like family to me and so many others.

Your mother and father raised a good son and you were there when they needed you. My sincere sympathy to you and your family.

Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: A long and courageous battle ended today. - 10-14-2015 11:55 AM
My condolences on your loss. Semper-Fi Bob
Posted By: Uptown Re: A long and courageous battle ended today. - 10-14-2015 01:57 PM
Dave, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. The road was long but they just don't go on forever.

We shall add your mother to a list of fine folks that have succumbed to this disease and/or treatment.

I offer my sincere condolences, my friend. We've been together for so long, please keep in touch.
Dave, Im very sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Kerri Re: A long and courageous battle ended today. - 10-16-2015 03:36 AM
Dear Dave,

Please accept my sincere condolences for your mother's loss, as well as your father's.

May you find peace and comfort in the good memories that you have with them.

Love in OCF,
Kerri
Posted By: donfoo Re: A long and courageous battle ended today. - 10-20-2015 07:02 AM
so sorry for your loss
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum