Posted By: Tricia K Mom's Passing - 09-22-2014 07:58 PM
I won't be visiting anymore. I had posted questions about my mother's diagnosis of jaw cancer. My brother was the one giving the information and it was not correct. She actually had parotid cancer. She went for a PET scan less than a week after her diagnosis and unfortunately the news was bad. It had metastasized and she was inoperable. At 90 years old, there was nothing she was strong enough to even attempt. The final diagnosis was given to us on 9/4 and she passed away on 9/7. My husband and I flew from MD to FL on 9/6 and we stayed with her the entire day. She was weak but her mind wasn't so she knew we were there. Most of my family was able to tell her goodbye. Thanks for your support.
Posted By: David2 Re: Mom's Passing - 09-22-2014 09:00 PM
Tricia, you have my condolences. I was glad to read that you were there to be with her, although I can imagine it was painful. My thoughts are with you.
Posted By: Uptown Re: Mom's Passing - 09-22-2014 09:56 PM
Tricia, I'm so sorry to hear the news about your mother. I offer my sincere condolences to you and your family. I'm also glad you were able to be with her.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Mom's Passing - 09-22-2014 10:18 PM
Tricia, Im very sorry for the loss of your mother. Im glad you were able to spend some quality time with her before she passed on. May she rest in peace, free from pain and illness.
Posted By: PaulB Re: Mom's Passing - 09-23-2014 01:17 PM
I'm sorry for the loss of your mother.
Posted By: tamvonk Re: Mom's Passing - 09-24-2014 10:18 AM
Hello Tricia,
I am so sorry to hear that your Mum passed away so quickly. At 90 years young she must have lived a good life. Remember, that memories are forever.
Take care,
Tammy
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum