Posted By: ammonsmg1 Soylent - 11-30-2014 11:39 PM
Has anyone tried Soylent (not soylent green) meal replacement ? Their website has a 5 month waiting list for this product (1st order only), but I am very encouraged that this would make my life & others much more manageable.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Soylent - 12-01-2014 02:51 AM
To me it doesnt seem quite right. Im always overly cautious when it comes to these types of things. My line of thinking is if something sounds too good to be true...

Before trying anything like this have a good discussion with both your physicians and a nutritionist.
Posted By: Brian Liebenow Re: Soylent - 12-01-2014 02:52 PM
The idea of Soylent certainly sounds intriguing. I appreciate that the inventor is living off his product. Frankly, I'd like to see the creators of Jevity or TwoCal living off their formula.

However, since it was only recently invented (I think they just started marketing it in 2013), I think the jury's still out on long-term effects. In my opinion, nothing beats a diet of real food. It seems like I see articles about beneficial compounds that have been discovered in the food we eat almost weekly. How could the inventor of Soylent have thought of 'that one special disease-fighting ingredient in lettuce' if it hasn't been found yet? Just my two cents.
Posted By: Leslie B Re: Soylent - 12-03-2014 12:48 AM
A registered dietitian wrote about Soylent in the Washington Post a few months back.
Posted By: ammonsmg1 Re: Soylent - 12-10-2014 12:49 AM
Thanks to all of you for the very helpful oomments & the article. I will try it with caution & maybe at least use it to help me when I just can't handle the ordeal that eating has become.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum