Posted By: EzJim Feeding Tubes - 07-17-2012 12:34 PM
I wonder just how many of us depend on a feeding tube for everything we have to take a few times a day such as meds and nourishment. Somedays I enjoy it and other times it's a chore.
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Feeding Tubes - 07-17-2012 01:10 PM
EZJim

It's hard to get a handle on the numbers. On one tubie forum/blog, I found this guestimate
[quote]According to an article published in 2005, there were around 344,000 people using a feeding tube at home in the USA, and the article quoted a 1995 study suggesting that 120,000 patients in long-term care were using feeding tubes also. One thing we do know is that tube placements have continued to grow faster than the population, so it would be reasonable to think there might be half a million to a million people using feeding tubes in the USA alone right now.[/quote]
I'll see if I can come up with more recent numbers
Charm
Posted By: sandisays Re: Feeding Tubes - 07-17-2012 09:28 PM
I wish I did enjoy it, it is always a chore but necessary. The question I've had it why I am never hungry or full. I must put five cans out everyday to make sure I get what I am suppose to have because I know I'd never be able to keep it straight. It does become a habit.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Feeding Tubes - 07-17-2012 09:32 PM
You are very lucky if you dont feel hungry or full. Im always hungry every single day, rarely ever feel full.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Feeding Tubes - 07-18-2012 01:26 PM
Thank you for checking this Charm. I might get hunger pangs if I didn't take in so much water all day long. But they say the more water the better. LOL Fun not to be near a bathroom sometimes tho. That I need about every hour at nite.Thanks for moving this post Christine.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum