Posted By: Hap Hello again - 12-12-2009 09:46 AM

First posted here over three years ago. Stopped because I had trouble reading some of the posts when folks were having a real difficult time. Recently did six weeks with a Standford research project on Self Management in which I posted several times a week with cancer survivors. It was very helpful and gave me the incentive to post here again. Hope I can learn some more helpful information and maybe help someone else too. Will try to visit at least every other day.
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Hello again - 12-12-2009 03:41 PM
Welcome Back Hap

I see that on your initial post back then you had 5 responses. Out of those: Daniel & Darrell have died (Daniel was also a Patient Advocate and Darrell has one of the earliest posts on using marijuana as medicine that I found) Cat & Lenny quit posting in April & Dec 2007, so who knows? Only Erik has posted recently about being a 5 year survivor. Good thing I'm not superstitious or else I would fear you were a jink to responders wink
As a fellow base of tongue cancer patient, I'm glad to see that you are doing so well.
What was the research project's involvement with cancer survivors? Sounds interesting.
Charm
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Hello again - 12-12-2009 08:34 PM
Hap,

If you are going to continue to post it would be helpful if you edited your Signature Line like mine below. Go to your Profile and then go to the Signature Line.

Posted By: Hap Re: Hello again - 12-13-2009 11:05 AM
Thanks Charm. I'll try to post tomorrow when it's not so late so I can write something sensible about the workshop.

Thanks David. I don't know, or am not sure enough about, half of the information that goes below the signature. I'll get everything I can at my next oncologist appointment. In the mean time it will have to remain sketchy.

Posted By: EzJim Re: Hello again - 12-13-2009 08:45 PM
Welcome back Hap. I find this is going to be interesting. Nice to see you again.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Hello again - 12-15-2009 01:34 AM
Hello Hap and welcome back. Your project with Stanford sounds interesting. I bet you learned alot. Being a 4 year survivor, you will be able to help others. Congrats on that milestone. Its always nice to have members come back to help others.
Posted By: Hap Re: Hello again - 12-15-2009 08:57 AM
Thanks Ez. Sounds like you're doing well. And Christine, I hope that you're having a smooth recovery. It's late and I can't spend time but I couldn't resist checking in. Will post again on Friday.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum