Posted By: Minniesmom Minnies Mother saying Hello - 09-06-2007 11:45 PM
We just returned from Baltimore, took my daughter to John Hopkins, and wanted to introduce myself. My daughter tells me this board and all of you are her lifeline. For that you have my eternal thanks!

Will keep you all updated on her.

Bonnie
Posted By: Dragan Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 09-06-2007 11:51 PM
Bonnie
Welcome! We're all in Minnie's corner, hoping for a great outcome to her latest battle. Many of us have taken great inspiration from her wisdom and courage.

We're here for her, and for you. Just call out and someone will answer
Wayne
Posted By: Dr. Mike Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 09-07-2007 12:02 AM
Bonnie,
Minnie is a true inspiration to us all.
Minnie, her family and you are in all our thoughts and prayers.

Mike
Posted By: minniea Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 09-07-2007 03:19 AM
Hi mom!!
I told you all these people were great. Thanks to everyone that responded to her, she will need some support the next few months as she'll be my primary caregiver.........hubby has to work as we all know. Mom was there for my first trip down cancer lane and she's walking right beside me again this time. My road is so crowded I might have to ask for a double lane to fit everyone in my family..........and all of you.

More info to come. Know that I think of you all every day. Thanks for all the private emails, they lift my spirits.

Minnie
Posted By: helen.c Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 09-07-2007 03:27 AM
Bonnie
Welcome. I know you were always there for Minnie the first time, and I know how much she appreciated that, so look after each other.
Sunshine.. love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: Donnarose Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 09-07-2007 08:54 AM
Hello Bonnie,
Nice to meet you! Your daughter will be in great hands, so many people in her family to love and care for her. I think having her mom there with her has to be the best gift of all! Must we never forget, mom's are angels in disguise.
You are all in my prayers.
Love,
Donna
Posted By: brenfran25 Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 09-07-2007 09:21 AM
Hi Bonnie,
How lovely for minnie to have her mum as well as all her daughters.
You all sound so lovely and truly deserve each other.
Thank you for introducing yourself, we're all thinking of you all,

Brenda
Posted By: Carol L Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 09-07-2007 06:30 PM
Hi Bonnie....I am sure you must be just as awesome as your daughter! I had the pleasure of meeting Minnie at the Oral Cancer Walk she organized in Va. Beach a few years back. I might get the chance to meet you, I live in Baltimore and am hoping to visit with Minnie at the hospital.
Take care, Carol
Posted By: Nelie Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 09-07-2007 08:42 PM
Hi Bonnie, How wonderful that Minnie has you by her side on this path. You have an amazing daughter who has helped so many people here, we are all hoping we can help in any way possible in return. Please keep us updated and come here to ask questions whenever you want.

Nelie
Posted By: JoAnne1981 Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 09-07-2007 08:42 PM
Hi Bonnie, I'm so glad that you and your granddaughters are able to be with Minnie. She's such a special person and we are all pulling for her. Minnie has been so supportive of so many people, including me. Jack is in a clinical trial at Hopkins and they're a wonderful facility. She's in good hands.
Regards JoAnne
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 09-07-2007 10:40 PM
Hi Bonnie,

Nice to get a chance to say hi to the matriarch of the family.

I know how important is for Minnie to have you there for her. I think of Minnie every day and am following her cancerpage postings and her messages here as well as the personal emails we have shared. She is lucky to have you right there with her and I'm sure you, her dad, the girls and hubby will make sure that she is well taken care of.

The best to all of you.

Jerry
Posted By: emmylou1951 Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 09-08-2007 12:19 AM
Just saying hello from North Carolina! Minnie has been such a help and inspiration to my husband and me since his diagnosis. We have learned much from her experiences. She is on the top of our prayer list that we keep on the desk next to our computer!

God bless Mothers!
Posted By: aussieh Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 09-08-2007 09:02 PM
Welcome Bonnie

I think of Minnie often and am sending love for her new cancer journey and to your family.

Helen
Posted By: Minnie'sGirl Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 09-10-2007 11:02 PM
Hi Nana,
You can't imagine how much it is helping us ALL having you here. (and I don't just mean the laundry!!) The way our family comes together when one of us needs someone is amazing. I love you, Nana!!
Charity
Posted By: marica_e Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 09-12-2007 05:10 PM
Hello Bonnie
You brought up a lady of great strength and determination... it`s in the genes of course.
Welcome
Marica
Posted By: Eileen Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 09-12-2007 09:15 PM
Hi Bonnie,
So glad you will be there to help Minnie through this second battle. Good you and the kids logged onto the board. We are all rooting for her and ready to give her and the entire family any help we can. Keep in touch either via the board or email.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: Donnarose Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 09-12-2007 10:56 PM
Hi Bonnie,
Just thinking about you and your wonderful daughter. Hope you are doing well.
Posted By: Minniesmom Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 09-14-2007 09:56 PM
Thank you everyone. I'm sure you all know Minnie's surgery is the 25th and we'll all be there with her. The news about the scans really lifted her spirits and she's eating better. I hope she can put on some weight in the next week and I think it will make her stronger.
We'll keep everyone posted during her surgery.
Bonnie
Posted By: Donnarose Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 10-04-2007 05:39 PM
Hello Bonnie,
Thinking about all of you, wondering how you are holding up? Please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Donna
Posted By: Carol L Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 10-04-2007 06:15 PM
Hi Bonnie, please know I am here if I can be of any help, I gave Minnie my phone #. I live about 1/2 hour to 40 minutes from Hopkins.....Carol
Posted By: Splenda Re: Minnies Mother saying Hello - 10-04-2007 06:40 PM
Bonnie,

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. It's amazing how much of an impact Minnie, you and the family have had on so many of us. What an inspiration!! I wish I could be there to help, but please know that my thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Minnie is so blessed to have you by her side--
Love, Carol
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum