Posted By: Minnie'sGirl Minnie's next steps - 08-29-2007 02:49 AM
Hello,
My name is Charity, I am Minnie's oldest daughter. I met some of you at the walk mom organized in Virginia Beach and enjoyed it very much. As some of you have read, mom's was diagnosed again today with cancer in her tongue, stage 2. Her cat scan showed it may be in one lymph node, but we will know more after exploratory surgery Wednesday.
I know how much this board has helped my mother over the last 4 years, and I hope it can do the same for me and my sisters. I will have a lot of questions before and after her surgery, and especially during her recovery. I hope you all can bear with me and help me to help my mother. She is the bravest and strongest woman I know. As much as she does for others, it's time for her to let us help her.
Thank you all!!
Charity
Posted By: Cookey Re: Minnie's next steps - 08-29-2007 03:23 AM
Charity,anything you need just ask.We have all received the benefit of your mothers wise and loving care and i am sure i speak for everyone on the forum when i say that we will be with you every step of the way.

love liz
Posted By: brenfran25 Re: Minnie's next steps - 08-29-2007 04:22 AM
Welcome Charity, what a lovely name!
We're all thinking of your mother and wish that the diagnosis had been different.
I hope you get the answers or just the company you need here.

Brenda
Posted By: Nelie Re: Minnie's next steps - 08-29-2007 08:42 AM
Welcome Charity, Whatever we can do, and however we can help, please just ask. As Liz said, your mother has helped many of us when we were in low moments.

Nelie
Posted By: Dragan Re: Minnie's next steps - 08-29-2007 09:04 AM
Hi Charity,
I've taken much advice from your Mom, and I know how strong she is. She will fight this beast again, although we'd all hoped she wouldn't have to.
We're here for you, and her. Please become a regular reader, and participant. What the Doctor's can do is amazing; what this Board can do, even more so
Welcome!
Wayne
Posted By: Donnarose Re: Minnie's next steps - 08-29-2007 09:22 AM
Hi Charity,
I adore your mom, as does everyone here. I'm sorry she's having to go through this all again.
I know how this "family" embraces everyone who enters through this door, here at OCF. You will find everything you need here, I know how they have all saved me from going insane and the fears...your mom being one of them.
She and all of you are in my thoughts. Give her my love.
Donna
Posted By: sharlee Re: Minnie's next steps - 08-31-2007 01:29 AM
Charity ,

Anything you need...and you are right your mom is a strong and courageous woman..and has helped me so many times. I had a partial glossectomy and I will answer or DO whatever I can .. I Am soo sorry for you all .

shar
Posted By: Dr. Mike Re: Minnie's next steps - 08-31-2007 02:52 AM
Charity,
Welcome!! It is wonderful for me to see in you the same strength I've seen in your mother. I only wish I was posting this under better circumstances. You and your mother and the rest of your family have my prayers and thoughts occupied for a speedy recovery.
I have only been around this site for a short time but, there is not a warmer welcome and resource for advice that compares to OCF.
If you have any thoughts, questions, concerns, or just want to vent please don't be afraid to post here. Minni has been a fountain of advice and support for all who visit. We owe her the same in return.
Charity, be strong for your mother, tell her you love her, and tell her how wonderful she is.

If you have any questions e-mail me anytime.

We are all thinking and saying our prayers for Minni and her family.

Mike
Posted By: Carol L Re: Minnie's next steps - 08-31-2007 07:44 AM
Hello Charity, what an awesome name! I met you at the Virginia OCF Walk....your Mom has helped me and continues to help me...she is an amazing woman as you well know....we are here for you and your sisters. I live in Baltimore, so if you need me on the Hopkins trip, just give me a shout, I will pm my # to your Mom.....Love, Carol
Posted By: mommapez Re: Minnie's next steps - 08-31-2007 11:11 AM
Hi, Strength in numbers, think positive, our prayers are with you and your family. Carol Ann.
Posted By: Eileen Re: Minnie's next steps - 08-31-2007 12:52 PM
Hi Charity,
Everyone is here to help you, your mom and your family get through this again. We are so sorry she has to fight this beast again.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: helen.c Re: Minnie's next steps - 08-31-2007 01:06 PM
Charity
Ask away, someone on the board will have been there before and should be able to help. Please e-mail if you need to vent, your Mom helped sort me out when I had my tracie.
Sunshine.. love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: aussieh Re: Minnie's next steps - 08-31-2007 06:47 PM
Hello Charity
Your mother has inspired OCF members all around the world. Positive thoughts are being focussed on Va Beach. We are all here for you and your family.
Love and light from Helen
Posted By: JAM Re: Minnie's next steps - 08-31-2007 07:02 PM
Charity, we are heartsick, as your family is, that Minnie and your family have to fight this again. You can surely tell from the above how much she is loved and admired. Amy in the Ozarks
Posted By: Minnie'sGirl Re: Minnie's next steps - 08-31-2007 10:40 PM
I can't tell you how much it means to all of us that there are so many people here that are praying for our family and willing to answer questions!! And as for venting, I feel that coming soon, lol. Thank you all so much, I can't think of anyone who could make me feel better then I know you will!
xoxo
Charity
Posted By: lenny polizzi Re: Minnie's next steps - 09-03-2007 10:48 AM
Hello charity,
I am so sorry to hear that your mom has to battle this beast again. I cannot tell you how much your mom has been an inspiration to me, her courage, strength and wisdom will get her through. I am sure of that. There were times when her encouragement and support were unsurpassed. She is the best, she is the coolest.
Lenny
Posted By: JoAnne1981 Re: Minnie's next steps - 09-04-2007 08:07 PM
Hi Charity,
Your Mom has been such a great support for so many of us on this forum I hope that we can begin to repay her kindness. Vent away, it helps. Our thoughts will be with all of you this week.
Regards JoAnne
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum