Posted By: Roger NEW TO THIS FORUM - 08-07-2007 11:16 AM
I'm new to this forum just wanted to post my experience with stage III Tonsil cancer...
Dianosised 9/25/2001...(age 52)Radical neck dissection chemo and radiation..Like everyone,I suffered through all the treatments and their side effects..Doing okay so far,still have dry mouth and stiff neck..Can eat well as long as itisn't dry stuff...My largest problem with the treatments was doing chemo and radiation concurrently.Te combined toxicity nearly killed me and was rushed to the hospital an kept in total isolation for 7 days,and it delayed all treatments for over 2 weeks which very very much upset my Rad. Oncologist since he somehow didn't know I was doing both treatments on the same days..Anyway after hospital stay only did radiation there after....Against everyones advice I refused the PEG..lost 60 lbs..nearly 6 years later I gained it all back....One point I would like to make to all is the implanting of a needle port and catheter underneath the skin on the upper part of my chest for chemo treatments...about 5 inches of the caheter broke loose and is now stuck in the two right chambers of my heart...They tried to remove it but could not,now only way to get it out is open heart surgery which I have opted not to do..Long term consequences of leaving it they cannot tell me...
Posted By: Donnarose Re: NEW TO THIS FORUM - 08-07-2007 04:08 PM
Hi Roger,
Welcome and thanks for sharing your experiences.
How are you feeling now?
Posted By: suelynny25 Re: NEW TO THIS FORUM - 08-07-2007 04:18 PM
Hello,
Welcome,congrats i am 4yrs so far.I injoy coming here and reading,seeing happiness and sorrow.This forum has helped me alot i hope it does you too.
Friends
Lynn
Posted By: PeteyB Re: NEW TO THIS FORUM - 08-07-2007 05:28 PM
Hello Rodger

I am a little groggy right now but to have a 5" catheter broken off in 2 chambers of your heart and not being told of a course or action with a prognosis is alarming to say the least. eek

While trying to keep my composure here, I would say you are in grave danger and with that I confess that I am not a doctor. :rolleyes:
Petey confused
Posted By: Msettle Re: NEW TO THIS FORUM - 08-08-2007 07:32 PM
confused
I am so anxious to learn how to comunation with everyone. It is so nice to know I am not the only one with cancer.
Posted By: PeteyB Re: NEW TO THIS FORUM - 08-08-2007 08:21 PM
Hello Msettle

Welcome to the Oral Cancer Foundation Website.

You are not alone and you have found a great place to get compassionate help and support from all the members here.

Most are patients and caregivers.

Click on the links below and learn a little about the website.

After you read these you can write another
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum