Posted By: Christopher H Back at home - 07-09-2007 10:16 PM
Back at home now....it seems that everything went well. My surgeon took about a centimeter chuck out and we are now just waiting for path results to see if we have clear margins. It is very uncomfortable but is very deifinitely controlled...tylenol w/codeine oral suspension which I am able to handle and along with ensure for food. I am ableto talk albeit with a distinct lisp now!!

Thank you all for you thougts and prayers we much appreciate it!!

Christopher
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Back at home - 07-09-2007 10:44 PM
Hi Christopher,

Glad you're doing well. Did they do the frozen sections? It seems like they didn't, if they are waiting for the path results.

If one cm did it, that's great and the healing should go pretty quickly.

Jerry
Posted By: minniea Re: Back at home - 07-10-2007 12:48 AM
Christopher,

So happy to hear that you're home and doing well. Let's hope for stellar path reports and than you can be on your way to healing.....and getting on with your many years of life left to live!

Minnie
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Back at home - 07-10-2007 03:41 AM
Glad you are home, Christopher, and that everything went so well! Hope you continue to get good reports!
Posted By: billy.calcutt Re: Back at home - 07-10-2007 01:20 PM
Very glad to hear you are home and doing well my friend. Please keep us posted on the path reports.
Posted By: Christopher H Re: Back at home - 07-10-2007 06:55 PM
Well, i'm back up again for some drugs and a little supper...such as it is!!!

Had a scrambled egg this morning which actually worked pretty well....tried some pudding which didnt!

The numbness on my tongue seems to be going down as does the swelling a little. Obviously with the numbness receding it makes the pain just a little higher, but we are very definitely staying ahead of that....

I am talking but with a definite lisp and if i talk too much it hursts after a while!!!

Take care all and I will keep you all informed as I go forward!
Posted By: emmylou1951 Re: Back at home - 07-10-2007 10:34 PM
Christopher: You will be in my prayers tonight...I hope that you rest well...keep us up-to-date on your progress!
Posted By: sharlee Re: Back at home - 07-10-2007 11:24 PM
Chris,

Every day gets better !!! Glad to hear you can eat somewhat ! I lived on italian ice !!

Hope your path comes back good ..thinkin of you !

Shar
Posted By: Christopher H Re: Back at home - 07-11-2007 09:52 AM
Bad night last night!! Guess I had to have at least one!! Woke up around 3am in searing pain from my tongue...tried to hide it as I guess you can imagine! Woke my fiancee up and took a little extra meds and Janet helped me relax some. I feel so lucky to have her beside me through all this.

Numbness has pretty much left my tongue, and swelling has started to go down a little too.

Take care all
Christopher
Posted By: August Re: Back at home - 07-11-2007 05:37 PM
Chris...what have you found out about your margins and your pathology report? I have my fingers crossed for you!
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Back at home - 07-11-2007 09:32 PM
Christopher,

Checking in on you. Hope tonight is better than last night. Waiting to hear some good news on the path report.

Jerry
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: Back at home - 07-11-2007 11:19 PM
Christopher,

I am sure everything will be fine with clear margins. I would like to suggest that they schedule you for a 6 month follow up with a scan.

I say this because mine was missed and ended up with 2 occurrence almost year to date. So make sure you have scan done OK.

God bless and take care,
Diane
Posted By: Christopher H Re: Back at home - 07-12-2007 12:00 PM
UPDATES:
Still no news on my path reports....no news is probably good news....at least I hope so!

Pain levels are still a little higher than they were, largely I think due to nubmness n my tongue going away. A better night painwise, but a VERY sleepy day today! Took the dog out for a walk this morning (well aroud the house at least!)

Had some buttered noodles for supper last night.

Current weight loss:Around 8lbs since monday!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum