Posted By: Wisconsin Guy I'm new - 02-16-2007 10:18 AM
Wow, I can't believe how many people are/have gone through the same thing I have. I had a tumor removed from my tongue and my lymph nodes removed. I did not require radiation or chemo. I had surgery just over a month ago. I feel fortunate after finding this site and reading about some great people that have had a lot tougher road then me. I feel a little guilty. Anyway, just wanted to say hello.
WG
Posted By: J Malone Re: I'm new - 02-16-2007 10:25 AM
Hi WG,

No matter what you did or did not go through, you are still a cancer survivor just like the rest of us on this board.

Welcome to a very caring club!

Jim
Posted By: Dragan Re: I'm new - 02-16-2007 10:49 AM
Hey,
Welcome! No guilty feelings allowed...you got rid of the beast, fortunately for you with a few less hurdles.

Being cancer free doesn't completely free you from it's tentacles. You've almost certainly had some of the lingering side effects, both physical and emotional. With either, this is a great place to find someone who's been there before you and can help
Wayne
Posted By: MD50 Re: I'm new - 02-16-2007 11:06 AM
WG, Welcome and I'm so glad that you caught your cancer early, it would be so nice if everyone could be detected early. WG I know exactly how you feel sharing this thread with Jim and Wayne reminds me of the scene from the movie Jaws when Robert Shaw and Richard Dreyfus are drunk and showing off their shark bite injuries and I'm Roy Schneider looking at a small kitchen wound on his hand. Where else can you go where the people who have been thru the worst can uplift6 those who have not. I'm sure everyone agrees though that the toughest part we all have had is when the dr's said sorry you have cancer.
Posted By: Stoj Re: I'm new - 02-16-2007 11:43 AM
WG,

Welcome to the site. There are all different types of treatments here. And no one should feel guilty around here, not even a little. Glad you made it to this board, but I'm sad that you were diagnosed with cancer.
Posted By: Wisconsin Guy Re: I'm new - 02-16-2007 12:15 PM
This is so cool! I mean, it's a crappy club to belong to but I feel better reading the responses and seeing all the support. You have made my day a little brighter and I am grateful.
And yes, the day the the doctor pointed his finger at me and said, "you have cancer" is a moment that became an instant memory that will never fade, ever! Is there a pill out there that is harder to swallow then that?
Thanks for the reponses, it really was a boost for me.
WG
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum