Posted By: August Re-introducing myself..... - 01-31-2007 02:38 PM
Dear All,

When I discovered this site, I didn't know how to particpate in such a forum, so I signed in as "August," since most people seemed to have some sort of clever moniker. Now that I feel that I have made friends here, I am not comfortable not using my own name, which is Colleen. I'll keep "August" as my sign-in name, since it is part of my history here, but it isn't my name. It's my birthday month.
Posted By: Stoj Re: Re-introducing myself..... - 01-31-2007 03:56 PM
Welcome Coleen, you had me fooled i thought you were a guy.
Posted By: aussieh Re: Re-introducing myself..... - 01-31-2007 05:26 PM
Good to meet you Colleen. cool
Posted By: August Re: Re-introducing myself..... - 01-31-2007 06:38 PM
Stoj......that's funny.....a guy. I wonder what led you to think that. I'll have to think about that and find out why I sent you "guy vibes." I'll need to adjust my wave frequency! I guess I need to speak in a more girly manner. OK? LOL! FYI..tee hee.......what else do girls say? Maybe that's my problem......I just don't know how to be girly!! (I do tap dance, though, wearing fishnet hose and false eyelashes! My kids.....four grown boys.....get a kick out or that!)
Posted By: MD50 Re: Re-introducing myself..... - 01-31-2007 08:03 PM
Tim that's a great line "I thought you were a guy"
I can't believe I nominated you as the site's ladies man.
Always, Mark
P.S. Tim learn something here!!!

Colleen that is such a pretty name!
Posted By: August Re: Re-introducing myself..... - 01-31-2007 08:38 PM
The name means "girl" in Irish....go figure. XO
Posted By: Stoj Re: Re-introducing myself..... - 01-31-2007 10:55 PM
As I remove my foot from my mouth, let me try to explain...I just thought August was a guy's name.

Mark we all know that you are the ladies man around here. And by the way maybe I thought MD was for Mad Dog (20/20) or is it Mogen David and that you liked wine.

Collen,

You got me cracking up here, GIRL
Posted By: JAM Re: Re-introducing myself..... - 02-01-2007 12:21 AM
Hey, Colleen- I really like your name too- and my personal confession is that I wasn't sure whether you were male or female!! There were several times when I wanted to ask you a question that was gender related and I didn't.
This reminds me of the first several times I posted here. {OCF is my 1st and only experience in "chatting" on the net.} I didn't know not to use our real names, I disclosed my password once in a post AND got several e-mails from people telling me not to do that-boy was I uninformed about the net, and way to trusting. Still am, for that matter. I am probably too old and "too Southern" for this. I was raised to believe that your word is you bond and strangers are just friends waiting to happen . So, I am glad to meet you, Colleen. Amy in the Ozarks
Posted By: August Re: Re-introducing myself..... - 02-01-2007 01:44 AM
Amy----we have to talk more about our beloved Ozarks. Having grown up in Memphis, the Ozarks in Arkansas were our stomping grounds, as we've discussed before. I didn't know what to do about names either, but as we've all become such close friends and share such personal information, it just seemed like it was time to "be myself." I, too, am too "Southern" to worry about all of the things we are told to worry about. Life is a little simpler down here in bayou country, though we are quickly outgrowing our small-town virtues.

PS--Crawfish season is just beginning. YUM!!Come visit!
Posted By: MD50 Re: Re-introducing myself..... - 02-01-2007 09:17 AM
Tim, we all know that MD is my initials for my name although at times I do make pretend that it stands for Medical Doctor.Glad you have been receiving good news as of late. Colleen I never doubted for a minute your gender. Hi Amy, hope your energy and spirit get a boost soon, with all you have going on.
Always,
Mark D.
Posted By: Pete D Re: Re-introducing myself..... - 02-01-2007 10:10 PM
MD50, I'm glad you cleared that up -- I figured your moniker was from your favorite tipple -- Mad Dog 50/50 <big grin>.
Posted By: Tom J Re: Re-introducing myself..... - 02-02-2007 01:51 AM
Colleen - You had me fooled too! I had a friend in college named August. He was a huge, burly guy from Canada - basketball player - bad temper - wonderful laugh and twinkling eyes! So there's an alter ego for you.... TJ
Posted By: August Re: Re-introducing myself..... - 02-02-2007 01:33 PM
I like the "huge, burly" part....also the basketball player alter ego....At 4'11" that's always been my goal....to be TALL! I do pride myself on being quick to laugh, and I am enjoying having inadvertantly provided you with a chuckle.
Posted By: Stoj Re: Re-introducing myself..... - 02-02-2007 07:01 PM
I like to laugh as well and especially at myself. But lately my friend Mark (MD50 or 20/20)has been cracking me up with such admissions that he likes to play Doctor, doesn't get kissed and will be wearing a T-back bikini in an upcoming photo shoot.

Mark, my teacher, you are just so smoove, I have so much to learn... :p
Posted By: MD50 Re: Re-introducing myself..... - 02-02-2007 07:15 PM
Hey Tim, You better be careful --I very well could be a girl.
Always,
Mark D.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Re-introducing myself..... - 02-02-2007 08:29 PM
Mark & Tim,

I think you 2 have taken way too much medicine. Get off the stuff and come back down to the real world. JMHO
Posted By: Stoj Re: Re-introducing myself..... - 02-02-2007 09:55 PM
Mark,

To quote a line I used earlier this week "you had me fooled"

David,

I can't speak for Mark, but I don't need medicine to feel this way....it just comes naturally.

I hope I didn't offfend, just having some fun.
Posted By: August Re: Re-introducing myself..... - 02-03-2007 01:46 AM
Offend??? Heck, no!! Please keep us laughing! You guys are great!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum