Posted By: Darrell G. Rakestraw Chemotherapy again. - 01-06-2007 02:01 PM
I begin Tuesday with Oxaliplatin 3 week interval infusions. Xeloda, a pill, taken weekly for two weeks then off a week, etc for the duration of therapy, approx 8 months. Infusions every three weeks for 8 treatments.... Why treatment, for someone who has been declared terminal? A very large tumor is pressing on the brachial nerve causing excrutiating pain and numbness in my right arm. Besides we are all terminal from birth. I've been through it before.
Darrell
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: Chemotherapy again. - 01-06-2007 07:24 PM
Hi Darrell,

They have you scheduled for quite a routine. I will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

Some times what is declared is also subject to change. They must believe they can help change something for you. I believe you have a chance and can get through this. You are a very Strong person and a good fighter!

All of us here will be with you all the way. My thought & prayers are with you.

Take care
Diane
Posted By: Dragan Re: Chemotherapy again. - 01-06-2007 07:48 PM
Darrell, much luck. You're a fighter, and a realist. I admire the way you're approaching this latest round. If anyone deserves to beat this disease, it's you
Wayne
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Chemotherapy again. - 01-06-2007 08:16 PM
Darrell,

Good luck. Our hopes and prayers are with you every step of the way.
Posted By: Stoj Re: Chemotherapy again. - 01-06-2007 08:18 PM
Darrell,

My prayers will be with you through your current battle. You have proven that you are a fighter and will win this latest go round.

Tim
Posted By: MikeG Re: Chemotherapy again. - 01-06-2007 08:54 PM
Darrell,

Perhaps the treatment will shrink that tumor and relieve you of that pain. You deserve to be pain free.
It's been said before and we'll say it again, You are a remarkable man. Anything is possible.

We will be thinking of you and wishing you the best on Tuesday.

Mike and Ginny
Posted By: aussieh Re: Chemotherapy again. - 01-07-2007 06:58 PM
Dear Darrell

I'm hoping the chemo will alleviate your pain. Am thinking of you here.

Love and light from Helen
Posted By: Marica Re: Chemotherapy again. - 01-07-2007 07:09 PM
Just to let you know, we are thinking of you.
Take Care
Marica
Posted By: MD50 Re: Chemotherapy again. - 01-08-2007 09:42 AM
Darell==I know your tough enough mentally to deal whatever comes your way but it is so difficult to be up when you are in pain. Hope everyday gets a little better than the last. we are all pulling for you and once again your strength and attitude is amazing.
Posted By: Jordan12 Re: Chemotherapy again. - 01-08-2007 10:33 AM
We are all terminal- it is the quality of your life, the goods,the bads and the ugmo.You have such compassion for others- you need to turn that caring on yourself and never lose hope.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum