Posted By: sharons111 white spot - 11-10-2006 12:23 PM
Hi everyone, my name is sharon im 34, im a little worried just now, after having a whitish coloured spot appear at the back of my throat ive had it about 4 to 5 weeks now i went to the dentist who as referred me to see a consultant at my local hospital.i should be receiving my appointment soon,i have a slight hoarseness when talking and have had a irritating cough on and off for a while now,i know it could be nothing to worry about but im worrying myself sick. i would appreciate any advice from anyone of you people. thankyou
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: white spot - 11-10-2006 02:58 PM
Hi Sharon,

Sorry no one has answered yet and Welcome. Try not to worry until the Bi-op comes back. I know that is easy for me to say as you wait, sometimes these things can be something else. I sure hope so in your case!

What is nice is that you say you have only had for 5 Weeks or so. That is good ! Especially if it does turn out to be something. That means you got what ever it might be early.

Try and relax until the results are in. Who knows it could be just a Fungi infection. Which you would need medicine for.

Take care,
Diane
Posted By: Stoj Re: white spot - 11-10-2006 04:02 PM
Welcome as so well said by Diane, try not to worry too much. It's not cancer until the biopsy says so. I'll pray for you that it's not cancer, but if it is this is the place for all kinds of information. Welcome again.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum