Posted By: chip this is great! - 10-20-2006 02:39 PM
I had cancer of the tongue base did radiation 70 gray,followed by right neck dissection. I've had a PEG tube for two years, can't swallow anything, also have a wooden neck. I thought I was alone, but came onto this web site and saw that there are a lot of us. Im a 60 year old male,I have a wife and two boys, and two grand children. Thanks for being here, Chip
Posted By: linroth Re: this is great! - 10-20-2006 03:01 PM
HI Chip! I'm new to this site also, with SCC of the base of the tongue. I also felt that I was the only one with this. This is definetly a great site with alot of helpful and kind people. It overwhelms me sometimes to actually know how many people there are out there just like us. Take care. Linda
Posted By: dogman Re: this is great! - 10-20-2006 03:13 PM
Chip
Are you a packer fan? Im over here in Viking country. Im 54, still above the sod. This cancers seems to be few and far between, but this web site sure has brought us together.Your far from alone, Hi Linda welcome.
Chris
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: this is great! - 10-20-2006 04:43 PM
Hi Chip and welcome.

There is a lot of information here. You may find some help for some of your problems. Just do a search. If you do not find anything just ask.

take care.
Diane
Posted By: Stoj Re: this is great! - 10-20-2006 05:13 PM
Hey Chip,

Glad you found this site. It has been a godsend of info for me. Welcome.
Posted By: senator13 Re: this is great! - 10-20-2006 08:33 PM
Chip,

Where are you from in WI? I am from central WI (near Eau Claire) and I went to college at UW-Oshkosh.

Welcome to the site. It is very helpful and it will definitely make you feel like you are not alone.

Sarah
Posted By: chip Re: this is great! - 10-20-2006 11:40 PM
Thank you everyone for getting back to me, I'm from Cumberland Wi. and am a packer backer.
Chip
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum