Posted By: CarlyGusta Helping Mom - 09-16-2006 11:20 PM
Hello,

My name is Carly and my mom was diagnosed with SCC tonsil and tongue cancer stage 3 about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I have joined this website in the hope to gain information that I can bring back to help our family understand more about this cancer. I feel like there is so much info I need and I hate the waiting game that seems to be happening now - as to what to expect next. Any info you all may have would be great. I am willing take as well as give any info I may be able to. Thanks and my best to you all - Carly
Posted By: TNBTOO Re: Helping Mom - 09-17-2006 12:17 AM
Hi CarlyGusta,

You will find more information here than you may get from the medical community, at least in the short term. We got a diagnosis a month ago and have been through a tumor board 1 1/2 weeks ago and we just now have a tenative surgery date. We have not planned radiation and/or chemo yet b/c we wait on the doctors. It is a waiting game for sure. But if you are using a top notch cancer center and post here often you will get the information you need. I am in this site several times a day and always find more useful information every time. I can't say enough about visiting here often. Good Luck, and keep us posted.
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Helping Mom - 09-17-2006 10:15 AM
Hi Carly,

Sorry to hear about your mom. She is very lucky to have you as a daughter. If you haven't discovered the search areas on this site yet, check out the one at the top of this page, under "post reply". Also the main page search engine will give answers to most of the questions you may have.

Keep checking here on the forum for replys from members having similar diagnoses as your moms.

Good luck.

Jerry
Posted By: CarlyGusta Re: Helping Mom - 09-17-2006 09:55 PM
Thank you all for your replys this is very nice and very helpful. Thanks again
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum