Posted By: KCSurvivor Hello! - 06-07-2006 10:27 PM
Hello everyone! I am new to this site and I am a 5 year survivor of T3, N2, Mx squamous cell carcinoma of the left base of the tongue. I have had radical neck dissection of the left and right sides as well as laser resection of the left tongue base. I have also undergone chemo and radiation and in the past year have had my teeth removed because of the effects of radiation. It has not been fun but I am hoping to get back to work in the near future! Would like to hear from anyone.
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Hello! - 06-08-2006 12:51 AM
Hi KC,

First of all welcome and congratulations on your 5 years of being a survivor. You sound like you've been through the same experiences as many of the members.

The loss of your teeth is certainly a difficult thing to go through, but you've been through difficult things already. I hope that you will be able to get implants done as they will be able to give you results that will be similar to natural teeth. What are the plans for your replacements?

Many members have had a great deal of success getting implants and I'm sure that they will share their knowledge and experiences with you.

Good luck and I hope you can get back to work soon.

Jerry
Posted By: Carol L Re: Hello! - 06-08-2006 07:56 AM
HI KC, Congrats on your 5 year mark! That is awesome! I hope things continue to go well for you. God Bless, Carol
Posted By: outdoortexan Re: Hello! - 06-09-2006 07:37 AM
Hello KCSurvivor,
Congrats on your benchmark. I am glad you found this forum. And I wish you all the best. Good luck and God bless, Curtis
Posted By: JOAN Re: Hello! - 06-09-2006 10:33 AM
Hi KC

Great congrats on the 5 year mark. Sorry to hear about your teeth. Did you have your teeth removed before the rad. or after because of problems. I,m a 5 yr. survivor, but I didn't have any teeth removed before rad. I have started to have a few problem now. How are doing with everything else?
Posted By: maz334 Re: Hello! - 06-12-2006 10:29 AM
HI K.C.WELL DONE HOPE YOUR GOOD LUCK STAYS WITH YOU ...TAKE CARE ...GOD BLESS .....REGARDS ..MAZ
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum