Posted By: genie help - 12-20-2005 10:37 PM
Hi
I do not know how to do this on line talk I have never done this before. I have some questions and need help. My cancer treament has been at UAB and The Universiry of Alabama so I am a tad intimedated to ask questions. I would really like to know why I have all the sores in my nose and why my face burnes when I confused confused sweat?
Posted By: DanielleO Re: help - 12-21-2005 01:34 AM
Genie,

Don't feel intimidated. These people are the nicest and most patient people there could be. I think the first thing people will ask you in regards to your question is that they will need a little more information in regards to the treatment that you have received thus far and to what type of cancer you have.

I am sure there are many people that can answer any questions you may have and that you will find the friendliest most helpful caring people here.

Take care,
Dani
Posted By: Mark Re: help - 12-21-2005 02:08 AM
Welcome Genie, I am sure people would like to help. Please tell us more about the treatments you recieved and the location of your cancer.

Don't be intimidated, we only bite once and a while. wink
Posted By: Marica Re: help - 12-21-2005 11:33 AM
Hello Genie
Don`t be afraid ...we have all had to start off somewhere.... and we really will try to help when we know a little bit more about your particular cancer.
Take Care
Marica
Posted By: AndyZ Re: help - 12-21-2005 11:40 AM
Hi Genie, Welcome to the club nobody wants to be able to join!! If you go to the search section at the top of the page and type in the word "sweats" or something else you want to know about, you will get to read a LOT of posts from people with the same or similar problems. Maybe you wil get your questions answered by reading some of these other posts, as well as the people who answer your post. It's a great way to get more information, and you will also see that everybody here started out the same as you. We all had questions, we were/are all a little scared. You are not alone!
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: help - 12-22-2005 11:18 PM
Hello Genie,

Ask any question you can think of and someone will reply. Please fill us in on what, when and where your cancer was and treatment received.

Welcome again, Danny Boy
Posted By: Brainstorker Re: help - 01-02-2006 01:12 PM
Well, I can say I too have the occasional "sores in my nose" Depending on what your treatment has been, my nose sores perhaps stem from the side effects of Iressa that I'm currently on. One of the side effects from Iressa is acne. According to the doctors, the more effective it is for you, the more side effects you have. All my acne is connected to hair folicles. The blisters and sores on my neck were all connected to hair folicles. Now that treatment is behind me, I still get "attacks" on my face, back and nose.

Nothing worse than having pimples INSIDE your nose, but compared to other things, I view it as minor.

Jen
Posted By: Tom J Re: help - 01-03-2006 04:44 AM
Genie, Sorry to have you among us, but we are many, and we have learned alot about our kind of cancer here. There aren't any stupid qustions about cancer, or fear, or treatment - so don't hold back. Many here will identify with you and your situation, and many will reach out to you to help. Tell us more about your experience and what they are doing to help you. Tom
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: help - 01-04-2006 12:12 AM
I have emailed genie, telling her that many people have answered her post and that if she is having trouble figuring out how to work the board, I could help her on the phone. She has not returned my email.
Posted By: Brainstorker Re: help - 01-02-2006 01:12 PM
Well, I can say I too have the occasional "sores in my nose" Depending on what your treatment has been, my nose sores perhaps stem from the side effects of Iressa that I'm currently on. One of the side effects from Iressa is acne. According to the doctors, the more effective it is for you, the more side effects you have. All my acne is connected to hair folicles. The blisters and sores on my neck were all connected to hair folicles. Now that treatment is behind me, I still get "attacks" on my face, back and nose.

Nothing worse than having pimples INSIDE your nose, but compared to other things, I view it as minor.

Jen
Posted By: Tom J Re: help - 01-03-2006 04:44 AM
Genie, Sorry to have you among us, but we are many, and we have learned alot about our kind of cancer here. There aren't any stupid qustions about cancer, or fear, or treatment - so don't hold back. Many here will identify with you and your situation, and many will reach out to you to help. Tell us more about your experience and what they are doing to help you. Tom
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: help - 01-04-2006 12:12 AM
I have emailed genie, telling her that many people have answered her post and that if she is having trouble figuring out how to work the board, I could help her on the phone. She has not returned my email.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum