Posted By: Donc Survivor check in - 11-03-2018 08:30 PM
I just registered on this site today. Yours is the first post I have seen...and what a coincidence. I had(have?) stage2 tongue cancer/ partial glossectomy/60gy 30 treatments. Just finished 4 weeks ago and trying to adapt. I’m looking for guidance on expectations of recovery. Such as: eating problems,mouth sores,bad thrush,speech issues etc. You sound like I will find some of this on this site.
Glad you are doing so well. I hope it didn’t take 5 years though!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Survivor check in - 11-03-2018 11:56 PM
Welcome to OCFm Donc! Sorry you have a need for our group but you will find info and support from other members who have gone thru this already. We'll do our best to help get your thru your recovery. The worst of everything is already behind you. Unfortunately as you've found out, recovery can take a LONG time!!! Recovery is so much harder than most patients think, full of ups and downs. Its full ofSo much of your journey depends on your intake. The better you do with intake, the easier things will be for you. Every day your intake goal should be at least 2500 calories and 48-64 oz of water. Taking in more certainly cant hurt, even 4000 or more right now is not too much. After everything you have been thru your body is currently using up an incredibly advanced amount of calories trying to repair itself after your cancer diagnosis.

Read thru posts and you will pick up tons of tips and helpful info. Hang in there and soon you will be almost back to normal or have found your new normal.

Best wishes!!!

© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum