Posted By: sr last week radiotherapy - 11-15-2005 09:31 AM
Mum has been having radiotherapy for 4 weeks now and we have just 4 days to go. She has had terrible side effects sickness, oral thrush, tierdness. This has been worse then just after the surgery. Mum has now developed a really bad headache and pain above the eye she has also got blurred vision. The doctor has referred her for a brain scan although they doubt they missed anything. Anyone had or dealt with this vision problem and headache during the course of their treatment. Would love a reply to put my mind at rest. feel like this nightmare is never going to end
xxx sarah (London)
Posted By: dee Re: last week radiotherapy - 11-15-2005 11:02 AM
Sarh,
My Mom dealt with the sickness, tiredness, and oral thrush (hers was actually an infection) and was given an oral medication to treat it. Her sickness and pain was also constantly addressed.

I highly recommend notifing all Doctors involved to assure nothing is overlooked. The most important thing I found out through the help of OCFF and personal experience is that WE are the best advocates that we have.

I know I irritated Doctors at times but would get the help/results I was looking for by being proactive.

Best wishes,
Dee
Posted By: kenplong Re: last week radiotherapy - 11-29-2005 03:05 PM
Sarah,

My wife had the same - fatigue, thrush/mucositis, headaches and a pretty bad burn to both sides of the neck and jaw. Definitely have all of the doctors involved be aware of how she is feeling.

Best wishes,

Ken
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum