Posted By: Hinda Diagnosed a year ago with severe tongue dysplasia - 10-19-2018 06:54 PM
Had lesion surgically removed a year ago with clean margins and about 6 months ago area started with a lot of pain and continuing with occasional pain in my ear same side as lesion. An stiffness in my neck Go back to ENT every 3 months but doesn’t feel it necessary to biopsy. Going for cat scan of my neck next week. Worried and thinking I should insist on a biopsy again. ?? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I am 66 non smoker and drink socially.
Hi Hinda,

I would say that if you feel like something is wrong and are not happy with your doctor's advice, I would get a second opinion. Good luck!
Thank you! Just concerned with the pain I am having and him not wanting to do another biopsy after a year. Wondering if another biopsy could cause it to spread
Absolutely get a second opinion or a new doctor. Don't mess around with this. Some ENTs are better than others.
Hinda, was the lesion you had removed dysplasia? If so, s very common to have it come back after removal. Luckily most dysplasia does not change into cancer. If you feel your physician is not giving your other symptoms the attention they deserve, definitely find another ENT who specializes in treating oral cancer patients. Further testing may need to be needed to rule out a cancer diagnosis. Im hoping you do not have anything serious going on.

Best wishes!!!
It was severe dysplasia ..with squamous cells ..will go for ct scan of neck this week and back to see dr. If he still won’t address the pain will go to another dr to rule things out! Thank you for your advice and concern!

another
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum