Posted By: goldy Hello - I'm the wife/caregiver - 05-26-2018 03:47 AM
Hi there,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My husband is the patient, a 66 y o who started with a lump in his throat around Labor Day 2017. Ended up being SCC HPV16+ of the supraglottus. I have joined this forum to hopefully get answers to questions he has and for moral support. Thankfully, he has made it through treatment. It's been about 5 weeks since his last rad treatment. He ended up with an NG tube and then eventually a PEG tube towards the end of treatment. I don't have a specific question yet, but I am glad I have found this forum. I am sure it will be a wealth of information and help.

Thanks!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Hello - I'm the wife/caregiver - 05-26-2018 09:25 AM
Welcome to OCF! You're in the right place for info and support to help get your husband thru his recovery. Sounds like he has been thru a rough time with first having the NG tube then a PEG. Your husband must have had problems with taking in enough and maintaining his weight.

Being a caregiver is a tough job! Make sure to squeeze some time just for you into your routine of taking care of your husband. Even taking a walk around the block sometimes is all it takes for caregivers to feel refreshed.

Hang in there, the worst of this is behind you both.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum