Posted By: Robr 2 YEARS AND ALL CLEAR - 10-03-2005 08:10 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to pop in and tell you that two years ago today was a very bad day for me.

And today is a wonderful day for me. Two years free of the beast.

I went for my checkup with a cold and a sore throat.

A year ago that was enough to send me off the deep end. Today, it's just a cold.

For all you still in treatment, yes, life does get back to normal. A cold is just a cold.
A sore neck is just a sore neck. A dry mouth is just a dry mouth etc. Funny how you adjust. You just do.

My radiation oncol who is a very subtle jokester scoped me, felt me, poked me prodded me without saying a word. Then reached in his pocket, pulled out a Halls Mentholated lozenge, handed it to me and said "see you in 6 months". What a guy.

Now for the props (as the kids call it).

I am still here thanks to GOD, My Wife, Kids, Family, Everybody out here at OCF, and the fine staff at the University Of Chicago.

God I am glad I found you guys.

Peace and love to all of you.

Talk to you soon,

Robert, Christine, Alison, Robby, Tommy, Billy, & Scott Hamilton
Posted By: Tami Re: 2 YEARS AND ALL CLEAR - 10-03-2005 08:30 PM
Congrats Robert! Thanks for sharing the inspiring news of your health. Best wishes for many more happy years!
Tami
Posted By: minniea Re: 2 YEARS AND ALL CLEAR - 10-04-2005 11:37 AM
Robert, I'm so happy for you and your family. It's tough dealing with cancer when we're young and have a family with young children. When we finally find ourselves back to being "normal" we look at our families in a different way!
Congrats,
Minnie
Posted By: Carol L Re: 2 YEARS AND ALL CLEAR - 10-04-2005 02:34 PM
Awesome news Robert! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. It is amazing what the new "normal" can mean, but hey, I will take it!
Take Care, Carol
Posted By: Marica Re: 2 YEARS AND ALL CLEAR - 10-04-2005 03:56 PM
Dear Robert and family
What a wonderful day for all of you!
I just love this kind of post, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy....lol

Congratulations.

Marica
Posted By: Uptown Re: 2 YEARS AND ALL CLEAR - 10-04-2005 04:25 PM
Congratulations Robert! What great news to hear on any day. I am counting the hours to Oct 8 (two years POST-TREATMENT). laugh

Take Care,

Ed
Posted By: John 618 Re: 2 YEARS AND ALL CLEAR - 10-04-2005 05:34 PM
Congratulations Robert!! Wonderful news. Best wishes to you and your family.

regards,

John
Posted By: didier Re: 2 YEARS AND ALL CLEAR - 10-04-2005 06:31 PM
Great news, Rob. I agree, the folks at UCH are a fine group of people. Best wishes,
Dave
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: 2 YEARS AND ALL CLEAR - 10-04-2005 06:59 PM
Congradulations Robert,

Enjoy that lovely family of yours and keep the good news coming.

Best Wishes, Danny Boy
Posted By: larryfb Re: 2 YEARS AND ALL CLEAR - 10-04-2005 07:22 PM
that's Great Robert,

have fun,

cu,
larryb
Posted By: aussieh Re: 2 YEARS AND ALL CLEAR - 10-04-2005 07:34 PM
Wonderful news Robert. Life is such a gift.

Love from Helen
Posted By: ChuckF Re: 2 YEARS AND ALL CLEAR - 10-07-2005 08:39 PM
Great news Robert!
I'll be seeing the folks at U of C in two weeks for my Quarterly CT.
Saw Dr. H. 2 weeks ago, and celebrated my 2 year anniversary too. I sent them all a thank you last month when I and my family celebrated my 57th birthday. Two years ago, I wasn't very confident I'd see a 57th birthday, so we no longer just observe birthdays, we celebrate them!!
Hug those babies and CELEBRATE!

Good Health,

Chuck
Posted By: betsy Re: 2 YEARS AND ALL CLEAR - 10-07-2005 10:08 PM
Love to see good news like yours Robert, it gives me great hope for the future! I will try to emulate your positive spirit.
God Bless and stay healthy,
Betsy
Posted By: Lisa's Living in Paradise Re: 2 YEARS AND ALL CLEAR - 10-08-2005 08:30 AM
Congrats to you Robert. On my 1 year anniversary, I had a picture taken with my Doc, the chief resident that assisted in my surgery, me and my survivor sash from the Relay for Life. On my second, we moved to Florida, literally leaving from my doctor's office in a caravan. Not sure what the 3rd will bring, I do know the anniversary check up will always be in KC. Love that good news!

Sincerely,
Lisa
Posted By: Andrea Re: 2 YEARS AND ALL CLEAR - 10-08-2005 08:33 AM
Happy Anniversary! Folks like you help keep Hope strong in the rest of us. You are a true inspiration.
MANY happy returns of the day.

Andrea
Posted By: JAM Re: 2 YEARS AND ALL CLEAR - 10-08-2005 11:08 PM
Keep going Robert- hoping John and I can report the same in 2 years. Amy
Posted By: Robr Re: 2 YEARS AND ALL CLEAR - 10-09-2005 10:33 AM
Thanks to all of you. And as usual, if anybody needs anything, I am always avalible.

Love you guys,
-rh
Posted By: mellay Re: 2 YEARS AND ALL CLEAR - 10-09-2005 11:15 AM
Great news! Wishing you many more anniversaries!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum