Posted By: Gabistwinkies Lingual tonsils tumor - 03-25-2018 12:28 PM
Hi I am Gabi I don't have cancer but had a large tumor removed from my throat in 2016. I had a trach for 6 months the tumor was so big it was blocking my airway so they put it in during the biopsy. I have been good for the last year other than swollowing issues. Now it grew back and I have to get it removed again. I am getting scared that everytime they biopsy it it could be cancer.
Posted By: Pam M Re: Lingual tonsils tumor - 03-25-2018 01:33 PM
Hi Gabi!

Totally understandable fear. It's easy to say "It's unlikelyl" or "It's not cancer until a doctor tells you it's cancer", and go your merry way. It's harder keep that in mind when your fears are running in high gear. Do well. I hope the surgery is quick and boring, and you get good news. - Pam
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Lingual tonsils tumor - 03-27-2018 02:54 PM
Welcome to OCF, Gabi! Being scared you have cancer in your situation is understandable. We all fear the unknown. Hopefully whatever you have going on will remain benign. I suggest having a long talk with your doctor, learn about your medical condition. What did your doctor say the mass was? Did your doctor explain whatever it is if it would return? If your doc hasnt given you this info... ask them. By being informed you will feel better about your situation and be a strong advocate for yourself.

Best wishes!
Posted By: Gabistwinkies Re: Lingual tonsils tumor - 04-02-2018 01:24 AM
This is my second surgery. The first one was a huge mass. That went from back of my throat to my voice box. The Dr said it can grow back but it is unlikely. But I am one of those that it grew back in just over a year. My hematologist that is also following my case said at some point it will be cancer or even lymphoma due to my lymph nodes swelling for no reason.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum