Posted By: PaulineB Hello Everyone - 12-05-2017 05:48 AM
I've been lurking the forums for this past week and everyone here seems wonderful and supportive. You all are so strong. I have no definitive diagnosis yet.. but I'm so afraid as I'm only 22 and recently married. My symptoms so far are...
I have a growing cystic lesion on my upper gums. X-rays 3 weeks apart show it's making my teeth move away from each other so it's on my bone. I also have a weird feeling in my nose. The back of my tongue feels enlarged on one side as well. My face is swollen on the right side... I have a few enlarged lymph nodes on my right side too. I have a white weird hard shaped lump on the front of my gums. I'm worried that this is Oral cancer. I'm 22, female, never smoke or drink. I'm going to an ENT surgeon tomorrow, just wanted to say hi to everyone.. has anyone had anything similar?
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Hello Everyone - 12-05-2017 11:57 AM
Welcome to OCF, Pauline! Your symptoms could be all coincidental or it could also be any number of things, some serious but most arent. One thing could be making other things pop up? While it does happen its pretty rare someone your age with no risk factors gets diagnosed with oral cancer. The best thing you can do is to see an ENT who treats oral cancer patients. You're already going so thats the best place to find out what is going on. Sounds like you have the right doc (as long as their surgery isnt primarily to put tubes in kids ears). Hopefully what you have going on is nothing serious.

I wish you all the very best with your appointment!!! Let us know how you make out. Good luck!!!!
Posted By: WZ Re: Hello Everyone - 12-05-2017 06:35 PM
does it hurt or sore when you touch it? Sounds more like an dental issue to me
Posted By: PaulineB Re: Hello Everyone - 12-06-2017 12:49 AM
Thank you so much for replying to me guys smile It does not hurt when I touch it. I went to the ENT today and he did a panendoscopy and physical exam and he's guessing it is just a benign tumor considering my age and history, but we will be doing a CT scan to make sure, and ofcourse oral surgery to remove the growth. Not in the clear just yet. But I'll keep updating this thread.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Hello Everyone - 12-06-2017 12:53 AM
Great news Pauline!!! Congrats!!!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum