Posted By: luckypenguin Tingling spreading 8 mo - 01-18-2017 10:17 AM
Hello everyone!
I'm wondering if you've heard of these symptoms and if you can help me out, because my doctor is clueless.

8 months ago I felt a constant tingling and twitching feeling my left cheek and the left side of my tongue.
1 month later the constant feeling slowly spread to my whole cheek.
3 months later the feeling spread to my lips and nose andf I broke out in blisters on my cheek - went away quickly when doctor perscribed mupirocin. (I had the same blisters 2 years ago when i was dipping but no tingling)
4 months and it was around the left side of my head, concentrated on the top of my head.
5 months later my left hand and foot felt like they were always "asleep" (that bad circulation feeling) and have ever since.
6 months later i can feel it on my neck.
6 month mark I get an MRI on my brain and neck - nothing spotted.
7 month mark feeling is very intense on lower neck (feels tense and makes me burp), and i'm starting to notice some stiffness in my hand and foot.
8 month mark - is today and i'm asking you for help.

I got my blood checked for common diseases and nutrition deficiencies - all negative.
The MRI came back fine.
I chewed tobacco for 2.5 years, 1 can a week at first then 1 can every other day.

I went to the neurologist twice for the MRI's at month 6 and my doc said to call if it gets worse because she doesn't know what's wrong with me at the moment. I am going to call her about the neck thing and see what she says.

Do you have any clues as to what it could be?
I'm trying to catch it before it gets really bad
Thank you!
Posted By: gmcraft Re: Tingling spreading 8 mo - 01-18-2017 01:11 PM
Thank you for posting.

Please understand that the members of the forum are patients or caregivers whose lives have been impacted by oral cancer. We do not have medical training; what we have is the experience of going on the cancer journey. We are unable to diagnose or determine what may be causing you concern (you won't want us to do this anyway).

Please seek medical advice from your family doctor. If nothing has shown up in your MRI, then maybe to heed your doctor's advice to keep an eye on it and call her when things change is the best course of action at this moment.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Tingling spreading 8 mo - 01-18-2017 01:22 PM
Welcome to OCF. Im sorry you have had difficulty for the past 8 months. Please understand our site is not made up of medical professionals. We are a large group of oral cancer (OC) survivors/patients and their caregivers. Our knowledge is limited to what we have witnessed ourselves first hand or fellow OC patients/survivors. Being patients ourselves, we do not have years of medical school or clinical practice behind us to put everything you have going on together to give you a diagnosis. It could be many things going on including something with your nerves due to the tingling and numbness. If you are concerned this could be OC, I suggest seeking out an ENT who specializes in treating OC patients. They should be able to at the least do a thorough OC screening so you can begin ruling out serious diseases.

Ive included a link to more info about diagnosing oral cancer. I wish I was able to help you more but unfortunately I simply am not qualified. Im sure you must be terrible frustrated by not getting a diagnosis to your symptoms. I hope you can find an answer soon.

OCF Main Site --- Symptoms and Diagnosis
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum