Posted By: pressure I think I have tounge cancer please help! - 09-28-2016 12:45 AM
I have some kind of HPV, dont know where I got it from. I take sylic acid and it makes them go away but they always come back

then i hear HPV causes anal and oral cancer

so I have these bumps on my left side of my tounge going down. it not really healing. I could take pictures maybe
Posted By: gmcraft Re: I think I have tounge cancer please help! - 09-28-2016 01:39 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Why do you think it's HPV? Do you mean you have mouth sores? The best course of action at this point is to go see your doctor and share your worries with him. He will be able to determine if you should have a biopsy which is really the only way oral cancer can be diagnosed.
I suggest you get yourself a thorough check up at an ENT who specializes in oral cancer patients. They will be the most knowledgeable about what is going on with your tongue. I also suggest you stop using the sylic acid in your mouth. Im pretty sure a cancerous tumor would not disappear so easily.

Many people will have HPV at some point in their lives. For the majority, their bodies will clear the disease without it ever causing any problems. For a very small percentage of the population they will develop one of the few out of hundreds of strains of HPV that can cause cancer.

Please do not post photos of your tongue. Pictures will not help us to diagnose you over the internet. Our site is made up of oral cancer patients/survivors and caregivers. Unfortunately we do not have medical backgrounds or years of schooling. We are not qualified to differentiate between a photo of cancerous tumor vs a photo of a noncancerous sore.

Hopefully whatever is going on is not anything serious. Best wishes!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum