Posted By: Geffry82 LN recurrence of SCC of the mobile tongue - 07-22-2016 08:04 PM
My father was diagnosed SCC grade 2 in December 2015 he had partial glossectomy to his tongue with nick dissection ,10 days ago he had a recurrence in his upper deep cervial node he removed it and now his doctor referred him for radiotherapy, I'm curious about the coming ,I hate the waiting game ,any one knows what his chances ,he is 72 y by re way
Welcome to OCF! Im so sorry your father is going thru a recurrence! Having OC once is bad enough but when it comes back its absolutely devastating. Im sure this is very hard on you watching your parent go thru this again. And yes, I agree... waiting is the worst!

Our site is made up of patients/survivors and caregivers. Without years of medical education, training and patient experience its just not possible to answer your question. Myself, I dislike statistics as they are just numbers, nothing about the individual person comes into play when reading about the odds. When I was diagnosed with my third round of OC, my survival chances were very slim, even my doctors thought I would not survive. That was 7 years ago, somehow with all the complications and setbacks I beat the odds. I surprised my doctors by surviving. Ive seen some patients who had a heck of a hard time but they still got thru it while other patients sail right thru with barely a sore throat. One common link Ive noticed is the patients who seem to get thru rads the easiest are also the patients along with their caregivers have focused intently on their daily intake.

I suggest reading and learning everything you can to be a strong patient advocate for your father. Read both here and on the main OCF pages about OC and its treatments.

Keep us posted and best wishes with everything!
What is LN and SCC
SCC ... Squamous Cell Carcinoma (a type of cancer)

LN... lower neck (Im guessing this is what Geoffry82 meant???)

Theres a list of common abbreviations in the PM Ive sent you or also in the post titled Posting Etiquette in the New Here, Read this First section
Posted By: PaulB Re: LN recurrence of SCC of the mobile tongue - 07-24-2016 01:37 PM
LN, Lymph Node, I would think also.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum