Posted By: Afw1964 New member from Lehigh Valley PA - 05-26-2016 09:41 AM
Been reading the posts on here since November of
2015 following tors surgery at university of Penn in Philadelphia pa

Many inspiring people on here - thank you

Anyone else here in treatment or been treated at
Penn and your experiences please ???

Many thanks !

Afw1964
Posted By: ChristineB Re: New member from Lehigh Valley PA - 05-26-2016 11:52 AM
Welcome to OCF! Its always great having survivors join our "family". Its even better when they are local to me smile There are quite a few of us from this area and many who went to Penn.

Posted By: Afw1964 Re: New member from Lehigh Valley PA - 05-26-2016 10:37 PM
Christine ,

Are you from the Lehigh valley too ?
Posted By: ChristineB Re: New member from Lehigh Valley PA - 05-26-2016 10:39 PM
Yes, I live in the Lehigh Valley
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: New member from Lehigh Valley PA - 05-27-2016 05:30 PM
Welcome to OCF! I'm glad you decided to join the forum - great source of information and support. The forum posts are stored and contain a wealth of information. As a forum member, you can use the "search" function to help locate a particular topic you want to research. Also, you can read more about a particular members story by clicking on their username which will give you a list of their posts.

I'm also from the Lehigh Valley and I believe we already met on FB! I was treated locally and then when I had a recurrence went to Johns Hopkins. I had been to HUP and Fox Chase for second opinions. There are a few forum members who were treated at HUP (Penn).
Posted By: laurie234 Re: New member from Lehigh Valley PA - 06-04-2016 09:28 AM
Hi guys! I am from PA too! I live in Central PA, but I am from Pittsburgh and I go there monthly to visit my older parents and that is where I go for my doctors (as there are no good ones in central PA).

Is there a facebook group? I have not found one and I would love to join one?

Thanks,
Laurie
Posted By: ChristineB Re: New member from Lehigh Valley PA - 06-04-2016 11:49 AM

Theres lots of members from our area. We all meet up at the OCF walks in Bethlehem and Andovery NJ every year. You're more than welcome to attend. Its an amazing experience meeting fellow survivors and caregivers. Only those who have walked this path first hand can truly understand just how vile this disease, the treatments and recovery can be. The Oral Cancer Foundation's facebook page is...

OCF on facebook

© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum