Posted By: THC123 New and lost - 02-27-2016 11:44 AM
Hello, I just got done with surgery 2 weeks ago to remove the cancer. They removed a bone in the jaw and replaced it with a bone from my leg. The bone they removed came back from testing and it did not have cancer. Everything is happening so fast. They have been telling me that I should do radiation and I guess I was ok with that. But now they also want me to do chemotherapy. This was the first time they mentioned it. It scares me because I know people that went through it and said it was bad. Not sure what to do.

Posted By: ChristineB Re: New and lost - 02-27-2016 04:22 PM
Welcome to OCF! Im glad you found our site! We will help you with info and support.

Here is some info from the main OCF site to read. It will explain in detail all about how OC is treated and more detailed info about chemo. When chemo is used in conjunction to radiation treatments it helps the radiation work better, boosting its effectiveness (if I remember correctly) by about 10%.

Treatment (from main OCF site)

Stick with us and we will help you get thru this.
Posted By: SoozyQ Re: New and lost - 06-10-2016 05:16 PM
How are you doing with the bone replacement? My boyfriend has to have surgery for the same thing. We don't know what to expect.
Posted By: QueenKong Re: New and lost - 06-11-2016 02:32 AM
How are things going?
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum