Posted By: missgirl Hello - 02-15-2016 11:10 PM
Hello to everyone! I have not been diagnosed with OC, but I have a family member my brother in law who was diagnosed in February of 2015 with Stage 3 BOT HPV pos. He completed his treatments, no surgery, just rads and chemo. So far so good his last PET showed no cancer. He has been treated at Roswell Park in Buffalo. I have been lurking on this forum since his diagnosis. I am not gonna lie, his diagnosis has been a huge impact on my life we are very close, and when I found out I did all I could to quit smoking. It has also made me extremely paranoid about OC. I just want to say I admire all of you and respect you so much.
Posted By: tamvonk Re: Hello - 02-16-2016 08:44 AM
Hello. Fabulous that you have quit smoking. It is certainly the best thing you could have done for your future health. Not just from a cancer viewpoint, but also from the Cardiovascular aspect.
Great to hear that your Brother in law is doing so well too.
Take care, Tammy
Posted By: kdot2003 Re: Hello - 02-28-2016 08:40 PM
I told my son he HAS TO QUIT smoking for me especially since I had this cancer. I dont smoke but he is just asking for health problems and he is almost 28. He hasnt listened yet frown Good for you.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum