Posted By: Ina Uncle-in-law has Laryngeal Cancer - I am back - 03-10-2015 08:27 PM
My husband's uncle Victor, just had laser surgery to remove part of his larynx due to cancer. In the next few weeks he will receive radiation and chemotherapy. He is a urologist and has 5 children who are doctors. Let us hope that they caught his cancer in time.

PS: If you remember Joyce, she is the sister-in-law of Victor.
Hi Ina,

Sorry to see you back. Cancer is a horrible disease and sad to see another relative is in treatment. I'm guessing he is in the Philippines and able to get good care. It seems like his family can afford to get him to the best doctors. Hope all goes well.
Hello Ina, sorry to hear this about your Uncle.
The good news is that about 90% of Laryngeal cancers are cured by radiotherapy and chemo.
Very , very few then progress on to have a Laryngectomy. In fact the Laryngectomee person is a rare being.
Tammy
Im so sorry this horrible disease has touched another of your family members. Wishing him all the best with this.
Sorry to hear this Ina... hopefully his story will be better than your mother in laws. Hugs and unfortunately - welcome back.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum