Posted By: Sunshine897 New visitor - 01-02-2015 10:16 PM
Hi everyone! I'm a 44 yo female who was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma in the nasal/throat area. Diagnosis was back in Jan 2014, it was a hard year but so far the cancer is gone. I had 4 sessions of chemo each lasting about 6 days- every 3 weeks. Then I underwent 9 out of 17 sessions of radiation when my husband and I decided to quit. I know that many will not agree with that decision but at the time I was becoming severely malnourished due to the typical eating and swallowing problems that so many have. Then I finally got a feeding tube and I believe it saved my life. I'll be getting it removed soon and I posted a question about it in the Medications and Treatments section. I'm very thankful to my husband for bringing me through all this. Good luck to all of you through your various trials and tests.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: New visitor - 01-03-2015 01:34 AM
Welcome to OCF! Its always nice to have survivors join our group. Your treatments are your choice. While its not recommended to quit rads, it it up to you to do what you feel is best for you. No judging, everyone is different.

I replied to your PEG question on your other post.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum