Posted By: LouMolinaro Biotene products - 07-11-2014 09:27 PM
Hello all - I am new to the forum, and a new cancer patient. I was diagnosed with Squamous cell carcinoma of the left tonsil. I had the tonsil removed, and the PET scan was clear, but I will be undergoing radiation treatment for 6+ weeks, starting in the next week or two.

My dentist had recommended Biotene products, but after doing a little research and reading some reviews, I learned of the formula changes, which lead me here to this discussion.

I was wondering if there has been any update on the potential new product that might come to market, or from those that really liked the old Biotene products, if any good alternatives have been found. I would like to get recommendations for a toothpaste, oral rinse, and gum.

Regarding the gum, are all gums with Xylitol good, and are there any other characteristics to look for?

Thanks in advance for any advice/recommendations.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Biotene products - 07-11-2014 10:57 PM
Welcome to OCF!

Regarding the changes in Biotene, here is the Biotene thread. I suggest reading thru the entire thread as several products others have used successfully have been mentioned thru out the thread.

Biotene thread
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum