Posted By: johnh New Member - 03-19-2014 06:31 PM

New here... Although I did read the OCF site during my treatment for S4. Standard chemo/rad treatment last fall - you all know the drill. Wow what a journey. Curently C-free.

Doesnt seem to be that many out there that is why i felt compelled to join. Whomever may read this.... may you be a survivor.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: New Member - 03-19-2014 07:02 PM
There are quite a few of us here... welcome and hope you're doing great.
Posted By: Bart Re: New Member - 03-19-2014 11:02 PM
Oh poop! I'll have to save this deathless prose for tomorrow...
Posted By: David2 Re: New Member - 03-20-2014 02:47 AM
John, welcome to the family and glad you got through it. We look forward to hearing more from you.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: New Member - 03-20-2014 04:28 AM
John, welcome to OCF.

There are many survivors! This forum has thousands of members from around the world.

Best wishes to you with your recovery.
Posted By: ChemTeacher Re: New Member - 03-20-2014 04:34 AM
Hello John. I too am a survivor from this fall. I am here reading daily....but only post when I feel I have something useful to say. Glad to welcome you to the family. 😄😄
Posted By: donfoo Re: New Member - 03-20-2014 05:40 AM
Hi John,
BOO!
Glad you felt compelled to join, the more the merrier. Post a note now and then in response to someone needing a bit of encouragement or a tip you picked up along the way.
Posted By: PaulB Re: New Member - 03-20-2014 01:08 PM
Welcome John, every cancer patient here is a head and neck cancer survivor or caregiver, some say fighter. Whatever you choose. In some cancer centers you may not run into many head and neck cancer patients as you would other cancers, or know who they are, if that's what you were referring too, as not finding many out there. I didn't meet, know of any head and neck cancer patients, especially tonsil, until a year after my initial treatment when I joined another blog on-line, and after three years in real life when I attended a SPOHNC chapter meeting, about the same time I joined here in 2012.
Posted By: johnh Re: New Member - 03-20-2014 04:48 PM
Well I want to that all of you for your kind words... First time ever navigated a blog. In my inital post I was refering to the head and neck patients - - although I met many other C patiets at the cancer center. It is so difficult - the anxiety we (or at least me)go through from time to time even after the all clear is given.

Again thanks...

© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum