Posted By: Fija1001 Going to see ENT tomorrow. - 12-17-2013 04:35 PM
Hi all,

My names is James, I'm a 25 year old newly graduated student. I'm going to see an ent tomorrow after dealing with a sore throat for 10 months and ear problems for 5 months! I have been on probably 6 rounds of antibiotics and nothing seemed to help. Cipro twice!!! We'll I finally got a referral so hopefully they can figure out what's giving me problems! My symptoms are sore throat, ear pain, slight trouble hearing. I've also have slight numbness in my chin and neck that I've had for years. I had Lyme disease and was struck w Bell's palsy but it's not the same thing. But so far for some reason ever doc I've seen prior thinks it's due to the Bell's palsy. Which I know it isn't! We'll I'll post here after my appointment with my results from my ent appointment tomorrow!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Going to see ENT tomorrow. - 12-17-2013 04:38 PM
Hope its nothing serious. Best wishes tomorrow!
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Going to see ENT tomorrow. - 12-17-2013 05:07 PM
Hopefully it's nothing too serious. You're a little too young for HPV related OC and since it appears to be nasopharangeal - it's unlikely (though not impossible) that it is tongue or mucosal cancer - best of luck.
Posted By: donfoo Re: Going to see ENT tomorrow. - 12-17-2013 06:34 PM
Good luck James! Glad you got the appointment to find out what is going on.
Posted By: n74tg Re: Going to see ENT tomorrow. - 12-18-2013 03:59 AM
Let us know what transpires with the ENT. If it's not cancer ... great. You won't be posting here much. But, if it IS, then watch how this groups flies into action, it will be amazing.

Best of luck tomorrow

Tony
Posted By: PaulB Re: Going to see ENT tomorrow. - 12-18-2013 05:46 AM
Good luck with the ENT, and hopefully it's something minor.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Going to see ENT tomorrow. - 12-19-2013 09:03 PM
Do keep us posted.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum