Posted By: Anonymous Hello All - 06-21-2002 06:13 PM
My name is Dinah...I have cancer of the tonsil with neck metasisis. That alwyas sounds so formal!! (And I am not that at all.)
This was just found and diagnosed in October 2001, when I went in to have a benigh lymph node removed, yep you guessed it - there was a tumor underneath. Second surgery was radical neck dissection (sp) to find the site. Next was the removal of 14 teeth. (we made the decision to not let him take out all of them) So far it has been the right decision.
I finished radiation on Jan. 25th. (does anyone ever forget that day?)after 39 treatments.
I keep asking my husband if there really is a plan to all this. When I was first diagnosed I went to the internet and found very little information. Now I am finding so much. I think it was better that we just did what needed to be done and got on with the business of "getting on".
Sorry this is so long. I look forward to sharing and participating.
Dinah
Posted By: Joanna Re: Hello All - 06-22-2002 02:06 AM
Welcome,Dinah! You have been through the mill and I am sure can provide great information for the members who are just beginning their journeys. You will also find very friendly people here.

Joanna
Posted By: youngerag Re: Hello All - 06-22-2002 11:19 AM
Welcome Dinah to our little, but getting bigger all the time group. I too had a radical neck dissection, part of my tongue removed and the bottom of my mouth rebuilt. Lucky me, there was no cancer in my lymph nodes; consequently no RAD or CHEMO. Any questions or problems you have please post and I assure you, you will always get some type of reply.

Take Care.

Anne.
Posted By: Donna Re: Hello All - 06-22-2002 03:44 PM
Yes, welcome aboard Dinah! Look forward to "talking" with you in the weeks to come. SIncerely, Donna
Posted By: Julie Re: Hello All - 06-22-2002 09:58 PM
Hi Dinah, Welcome to the board. My husband was diagnosed with SSC of the tonsil with mets to the neck like you. He underwent radiation and finished July 21,2000. (No, I don't think you ever forget the day you finally finish) We go back for his two year check up at the end of July, he is doing great now. Some dry mouth, but not too bad as he had amifostine. Julie
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum